Clueful Privacy Advisor
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Automatically list installed apps
- Push notifications
- Missing more social integration (users' reviews)
Clueful checks installed app permissions and generates a "privacy score"
Although there have been some cases of malware within Google Play, that's not the most common thing. Actually, it can be stated that malware isn't a big problem for Android devices, at least not yet. Privacy abuses are most common though, through unneeded permissions. However, most of times we aren't even aware of that's happening. Well, thanks to Clueful, you will know from now on.
It basically tracks your installed apps and list them according to their risk. Thus, you apps can be listed as "High Risk apps" (red), "Moderate Risk apps" (orange) or "Low Risk apps" (green). In addition, it gives a aggregated global "privacy score". If you have too many permissions "abusing" apps, it will recommend you to check out those list to know what apps know about you and if specific permissions are "expected" or "rare" for that kind of app. When you install a new app, Clueful analyze it and send you a push notification about how trusty is that app regarding permissions.
Obviously, some apps by reliable developer can be listed as "high risk apps". The decision to keep the apps is always up to you but you can uninstall the app or share your "dislike" from the app. In brief, this is just an app to be aware of what's happening in your device and, from my point of view, that's always a good thing. Moreover, when it's set in a user-friendly interface. Highly recommended.
You'd be surprised how many things an app can learn about you. Without you ever knowing it.
Clueful is like your own personal “Privacy Consultant” giving you detailed info as to what your installed apps are doing in the background without your knowledge. It checks your apps against Bitdefender’s constantly updated Cloud database, calculates your device’s “Privacy Score”, and then informs you as to which apps are sacrificing your privacy.
Did you know that apps can:
- Leak your phone number, e-mail address, contacts from address book to aggressive ad networks or third-parties
- Play audio ads while you’re on the phone
- Spam you in the notification bar, even if not accessed
- Send your password unencrypted over the Internet, a password that can be easily intercepted
- Upload your calendar
- Read your browsing history, which contains sensitive data
- Read and send SMS with or without your permission, thus incurring charges to your bill
- Intercept SMS
- Make phone calls with or without asking for your permission
- Monitor your phone calls
- Upload your device ID. (This unique ID can be used by developers, advertisers and analytics tools to track your location or behaviour across more than one app)
- Track your location and share it with third-parties
- Access your photos
…and many more. Really know your apps with Clueful!
THE INDUSTRY’S MOST DETAILED ANALYSIS OF APPS
Clueful doesn’t only display a list of permissions requested by apps upon install, it goes even further by showing you what apps REALLY do behind your back: leaking your phone number, spamming your notification bar, playing audio ads while on the phone, sending your password unencrypted over the Internet, or even send text messages without asking for your permission!
IMMEDIATELY INFORMS YOU OF ABUSIVE APPS
Bitdefender Clueful monitors apps that you install from the Google Play Store and immediately tells you if they’re not respecting your privacy.
PROVIDES AN INDIVIDUALIZED PRIVACY SCORE
Bitdefender Clueful examines the apps on your smartphone and calculates a precise and personal overview of how vulnerable you are, so that you can evaluate and take appropriate actions for each installed app.
ALWAYS UP TO DATE
Clueful utilizes the Bitdefender Cloud to access the very latest information from a growing database comprised of hundreds of thousands of apps that is updated 24/7.
UPGRADE TO TOTAL SECURITY FOR ANDROID DEVICES
Try Bitdefender Mobile Security and you’ll gain an array of additional cutting-edge capabilities. This Total Security package includes the on-install & on-demand scanner, real-time scanning of pages you're viewing online, as well as the ability to lock, locate, and wipe your Android device in case it become lost or stolen.
Download the 14-day Trial Version now – http://bit.ly/Aa7ZyO
- bug fixing
- memory optimization
- added new language packs for Tr , BR, IT ,
- Rajneeshraj Downloaded Oct 7, 2013
- Juti G. Downloaded Jul 8, 2013
- Jackalnoe Downloaded Jul 7, 2013
- kameoLotus Favorited Jun 16, 2013
- Sval S. Downloaded May 24, 2013
- jai kant Downloaded May 23, 2013
- Mar G. Reviewed May 23, 2013
- Aymann Downloaded May 23, 2013
- Emmanuel L. Reviewed May 23, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I've never had a bad app apparently so I'm fine. Also it is nice to see what the apps do with their permissions and the possibility of abusing them.
Uber helpful. I am happy that this app shares what makes an app good or bad
I reviewed the list of apps on my tablet versus the list of apps analyzed by Clueful and found that, for example, it doesn't look at (Google) Hangouts. Not "not analyzed", I mean not even listed or acknowledged as an installed app. It makes me uneasy won
Can't could the times my favorite apps changed their permissions to include bogus permissions and I didn't pay close enough attention. Now it is easier to spot developers trying to pass one over on their customers.
Great app for checking and understanding apps on your mobile device. Plain and simple in english!