1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Lightweight (>400K)
- Requires no permissions
- Free, ad free, no sign up
- It could have sharing or benchmarking options
CPU-Z can be the most easy to use app ever. It could also be the most useless, depending on what you do with your device. CPU-Z provides all the info regarding technical specs of your devices, showed in a clean and readable layout. By "info" we mean "all the info", both hardware data and sensors.
Let us explain: wanna know which processor you device has? Done. What's the battery temperature just now or how much healthy is? Done. Or even, is it rooted? What's my screen resolution?
All these questions are answered in an app downloadable for free, without ads, without any need of signing up nor giving or sending any kind of data anywhere. We'd like some kind of sharing feature or a way to store and compare results, because there's no harm in asking.
- SoC (System On Chip) name, architecture, clock speed for each core ;
- System information : device brand & model, screen resolution, RAM, storage.;
- Battery information : level, status, temperature ;
- Android 2.2 and above (version 1.03 and +)
- INTERNET permission is required for the online validation (see notes below for more détails about the validation process)
Online Validation (version 1.04 and +)
The validation allows to store the hardware specification of your Android device in a database. After the validation, the program opens your validation URL into your current internet browser. If you enter your e-mail address (optional), an e-mail with your validation link will be sent to you as a reminder.
Settings screen and debug (version 1.03 and +)
If CPU-Z closes abnormally (in case of bug), the settings screen will appear at the next run. You can use that screen to remove the main detection features of the application, and make it run.
Version 1.04 (07/24/2013)
- Online validation (requires INTERNET permission).
- Report Screen Density (DPI).
Version 1.03 (07/09/2013)
- Support of Android 2.2 and above (API level 8).
- Extended setting screen (refer to description for more détails).
Version 1.02 (06/25/2013)
- SoC logo.
- MIPS SoC support.
- Fix high CPU occupancy bug.
Doing great in all devices.
CPUID retains a toolbox filled with PC Hardware Info & Monitoring Applications for Windows. I've been using CPU-Z & PC Wizard and some of the other tools for many, many years. From checking memory specs on client machines for upgrading info to checking Sy
Brilliant, enjoying all the stats. Yet to root my HTC one, once I do that this tool will be very valuable in cpu tweaking.