1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Lightweight (>400K)
- Requires no permissions
- Free, ad free, no sign up
- It could have sharing or benchmarking options
+ By CPUID
CPU-Z can be the most easy to use app ever. It could also be the most useless, depending on what you do with your device. CPU-Z provides all the info regarding technical specs of your devices, showed in a clean and readable layout. By "info" we mean "all the info", both hardware data and sensors.
Let us explain: wanna know which processor you device has? Done. What's the battery temperature just now or how much healthy is? Done. Or even, is it rooted? What's my screen resolution?
All these questions are answered in an app downloadable for free, without ads, without any need of signing up nor giving or sending any kind of data anywhere. We'd like some kind of sharing feature or a way to store and compare results, because there's no harm in asking.
- SoC (System On Chip) name, architecture, clock speed for each core ;
- System information : device brand & model, screen resolution, RAM, storage.;
- Battery information : level, status, temperature ;
- Android 2.2 and above (version 1.03 and +)
- INTERNET permission is required for the online validation (see notes below for more détails about the validation process)
Online Validation (version 1.04 and +)
The validation allows to store the hardware specification of your Android device in a database. After the validation, the program opens your validation URL into your current internet browser. If you enter your e-mail address (optional), an e-mail with your validation link will be sent to you as a reminder.
Settings screen and debug (version 1.03 and +)
If CPU-Z closes abnormally (in case of bug), the settings screen will appear at the next run. You can use that screen to remove the main detection features of the application, and make it run.
Bug report (version 1.05 and +)
In case of bug, please open the application menu and choose "Send Debug Infos" to send a report by email.
Version 1.05 removed Root Access detection because that information was wrongly reported on lot of devices. Restored in 1.07.
Version 1.08 (06/13/2014)
- Improved support of Intel SoCs.
- OpenGL ES version.
- Reduce CPU load.
Version 1.07 (03/27/2014)
- Added Rockchip & Mediatek chips.
- Improved Qualcomm SoCs detection.
- Improved NVIDIA Tegra detection.
- Added ads page at application close.
Version 1.05 (02/11/2014)
- Removed Root Access information (please see note in description)
- Added SoC scaling governor.
- Validation button in action bar.
Very nice really
Awesome loved it
Samsung Note 3
Great app. Doesn't even ask for any unneeded permissions. Pretty cool to see all the technical specs and what goes on to make everything work.