This application brings the functionalities of a basic Sound Level Meter (SLM) to your phone.
This free edition has a reduced download size and a minimal presence of advertising.
• 2 measuring modes (Dynamic, Average)
• simple calibration settings
• sound level versus time chart
• current dB value, avg, min and max display
• threshold trigger
• tested with samsung galaxy S S2 S3 S4
• sharing of text values and screen bmp
The application relies on the mobile microphone signal. To achieve the best results consider the following:
1) Easy Calibration (only the first time): Some mobiles are automatically calibrated in the first installation phase. For details see the calibration section of the user manual.
2) keep your fingers away from the mobile microphone
3) silence your phone to avoid any ring tones, vibrations and other sounds
4) orient the phone microphone toward the noise source keeping the correct distance
5) click on the function buttons
1) Wrong SPL calibration: See the Calibration section and type the right calibration values
2) No signals detected below 20dB or over 100dB: most smart phone microphones do not work under 20 dB or over 100 dB
3) Signal attenuation near band limits: the mobile mic may attenuate frequencies <100 Hz and >15000 Hz