DroidCam Wireless Webcam
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Connect with PC via 3G, bluetooth, Wi-Fi and USB
- Varios video formats and HD supported
- Windows and Linux supported
- Need to download computer client
- Works for 2.1 and later
- Forceclosings and crashes
- Some messenger services don't recognized it
+ By Dev47Apps
DroidCam allows you to use your phone as a webcam by synchronising it with your PC
This is one of those original ideas that makes our life easier. We all like to increase the potential and the functionalities of our Android, and this app it's on that track. It uses the back camera (or the front if you prefer it) of your device as a webcam. You will need tough to donwload the app from the market, as well as a desktop software to your PC. It works so far for Windows and Linux computer clients.
Once both software will be installed, you may introduce you IP address in the app and start to videochat through the videocall messenger service you prefer. What's more, you can connect via 3G, bluetooth and USB (that works over ADB Bridge). It supports varios video formats and high resolution, but it just available for Android 2.1 and later.
It has to be said that the idea is great but has some flaws. some messenger service as Yahoo don't recognized it. What's more, there are some bugs, especially in the latest updates: forceclosings, error messages and crashes. We hope it will be solved soon, because we think it's a really worthy app.
This is the free version of DroidCamX. If you like the application you can get the paid version for $4.25 with improved features.
DroidCam Wireless Webcam has been developed by Dev47, an emerging developer who has just launched this app (and its paid version) in the market.
This is one of those app that makes us save some money by adding new functionalities of our Android. Some points need to be improved and some bugs fixed but we think developers are on the right track.
Allows you to chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer (Skype/Yahoo/MSN/etc).
You must download and install a computer client to use the app (Windows & Linux versions available). Visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to install the client, and for usage info.
Pro version, DroidCamX available: Various video formats and higher resolutions with less network usage, access via your browser (surveillance/ip camera), connect via 3G, camera flash, auto focus, zoom and more. Available for Android 2.1+.
Windows client has experimental audio support ("DroidCam Microphone"):
- Available on Windows XP - 7 as an optional install
- 64-bit Windows will block the audio driver by default (extra steps needed to activate)
- On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly. This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0.
KWD: Video Audio Camera Microphone Streaming USB Webcam
- Fixed several Force Closes for various devices
- Usage limit removed, free version will work without resetting
- If the latest version of Skype (6) does not detect DroidCam, a patch is available that may help. Check the Help section at dev47apps.com
- Front camera option (Android 2.3+)
- Usage limit increased (2x)
- PC Client update patch available at dev47apps.com (v3.6)
Gust installed this app . Us it on the Samsung blaze 4G and it's great app
It works perfectly on my Samsung galaxy s3 but the reason I gave 4 stars is because I can't toggle flash unless i buy the full version
Why window security warnings work on it then only i go for it
nice app..love u developers..
simpal thing download phone drivers from manufacter website instal it in pc. go in phone setting devlpar opsion click on usb debbuing now connect its works 100%. Yogeshkalkal21@gmail.com
I was using this app few months ago, and it worked well....not anymore!
I lik it