DroidCam Wireless Webcam
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Connect with PC via 3G, bluetooth, Wi-Fi and USB
- Varios video formats and HD supported
- Windows and Linux supported
- Need to download computer client
- Works for 2.1 and later
- Forceclosings and crashes
- Some messenger services don't recognized it
+ By Dev47Apps
DroidCam allows you to use your phone as a webcam by synchronising it with your PC
This is one of those original ideas that makes our life easier. We all like to increase the potential and the functionalities of our Android, and this app it's on that track. It uses the back camera (or the front if you prefer it) of your device as a webcam. You will need tough to donwload the app from the market, as well as a desktop software to your PC. It works so far for Windows and Linux computer clients.
Once both software will be installed, you may introduce you IP address in the app and start to videochat through the videocall messenger service you prefer. What's more, you can connect via 3G, bluetooth and USB (that works over ADB Bridge). It supports varios video formats and high resolution, but it just available for Android 2.1 and later.
It has to be said that the idea is great but has some flaws. some messenger service as Yahoo don't recognized it. What's more, there are some bugs, especially in the latest updates: forceclosings, error messages and crashes. We hope it will be solved soon, because we think it's a really worthy app.
This is the free version of DroidCamX. If you like the application you can get the paid version for $4.25 with improved features.
DroidCam Wireless Webcam has been developed by Dev47, an emerging developer who has just launched this app (and its paid version) in the market.
This is one of those app that makes us save some money by adding new functionalities of our Android. Some points need to be improved and some bugs fixed but we think developers are on the right track.
With 2 million downloads, DroidCam is THE webcam app for Android!
The app works with a PC Client component that installs the webcam drivers, and connects the computer with the Android device. Windows or Linux clients are available, simply visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to download, install, and get more info on usage.
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer, including Sound and Picture.
- Completely free with no usage limits!
- Connect over WiFi or USB* cable.
- Simple and efficient: Designed to save battery and space as much as possible.
If you like the app, consider getting the PRO version, DroidCamX, which has:
- No ads.
- High-res video support (up to 720p in HD Mode).
- Surveillance/IP Camera/Monitoring MJPEG access: access DroidCamX via your browser or from another device.
- Camera controls: flash, auto focus, zoom and more.
- Extra features on the Windows client including video mirror, rotate, contrast, sharpness and more controls.
A total bargain compared to actual webcams sold in store!
* USB connection may require additional setup.
Version 6.1 - Back to Landscape mode to make a few devices out there happy.
Dropped support for older (pre Android 4 KitKat) devices, to take advantage of newer camera features resulting in improved video quality and frame rates.
Updated design and layout.
Windows Client v6.0 update also available at www.dev47apps.com, with further improvements, important bug fixes, and other simplifications. Updating the Client is optional but highly recommended.
super aplikacja :) brava dla autora kawaÅ‚ dobrej roboty ;)
keeps forcing closed on the paid version...Incredible 2
it takes forever to upload so i give it a four star rating cause as soon as its booted up it works perfectly
Tell me how to download it for real!!!! i dont understand it....
I have on a neon shirt and the shirt is a baby blue my hair is blond and it comes out grey??? used to be good then this happened??