DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Connect with PC via 3G, bluetooth, Wi-Fi and
- Varios video formats and HD supported
- Windows and Linux supported
- Need to download computer client
- Works for 2.1 and later
- Forceclosings and crashes
- Some messenger services don't recognized it
- It's a bit expensive
+ By Dev47Apps
DroidCam allows you to use your phone as a webcam by synchronising it with your PC
This is one of those original ideas that makes our life easier. We all like to increase the potential and the functionalities of our Android, and this app it's on that track. It uses the back camera (or the front if you prefer it) of your device as a webcam. You will need tough to donwload the app from the market, as well as a desktop software to your PC. It works so far for Windows and Linux computer clients.
Once both software will be installed, you may introduce you IP address in the app and start to videochat through the videocall messenger service you prefer. What's more, you can connect via 3G, bluetooth and USB (that works over ADB Bridge). It supports varios video formats and high resolution, but it just available for Android 2.1 and later.
It has to be said that the idea is great but has some flaws. some messenger service as Yahoo don't recognized it. What's more, there are some bugs, especially in the latest updates: forceclosings, error messages and crashes. We hope it will be solved soon, because we think it's a really worthy app.
This is the paid version of DroidCam with includes improved features ($4.25). You can give a try to the free version DroidCam Wireless WebCam.
DroidCam Wireless Webcam has been developed by Dev47, an emerging developer who has just launched this app (and its free version) in the market.
This is one of those app that makes us save some money by adding new functionalities of our Android. Some points need to be improved and some bugs fixed but we think developers are on the right track.
PC Client (and some setup) REQUIRED. Windows or Linux clients available. Follow in-app messages. It is recommended that you try the FREE version of Droidcam first to make sure everything works (PC client is same for both versions).
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer (Skype/Yahoo/MSN/etc.)
- Various video formats and resolutions
- Audio support* ("DroidCam Microphone", experimental)
- IP/Surveillance Camera via your Internet Browser (No computer client required, Will work on almost all networks/computers)
- MJPEG feed accessible by other apps and programs
- Turn on Camera Flash LED light, Zoom
** The latest versions of Skype (6.xx) may not detect DroidCam, please check the Help section at dev47apps.com.
** If the Market fails to download the app, log on to your Google Checkout/Wallet account, Cancel the order and try again.
** Some of the features are only available if your phone is running Android 2.2+
* Audio support is experimental:
- Available on Windows XP - 7 only, as an optional install
- 64-bit Windows will block the audio driver by default
- Not available via Bluetooth
- On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed delivered in larger chunks, not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly. This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0.
Please report any problems after updating at dev47apps.com
** Computer client update available (v3.6.2). Visit dev47apps.com on your computer and follow the "Update Client" link for a patch.
- 1280x960 option in client and a few minor upgrades.
- License check results are remembered for longer periods without relying on the Play Store, to allow app usage without a network connection.
- W F. Downloaded 10h ago
- Davide C. Downloaded 10h ago
- TheCatfishMaw .. Downloaded Nov 19, 2013
- Айгюль Downloaded Nov 14, 2013
- rasec axel Downloaded Nov 12, 2013
- Yensi Jeremy N. Downloaded Nov 9, 2013
- Ivan S. Downloaded Nov 3, 2013
- Marcin S. Downloaded Nov 1, 2013
- Anik307 Downloaded Oct 29, 2013
While the free version worked OK at low resolution with my Xperia Tipo, the paid version froze at the same setting and simultaneously threw the phone into such tailspin that it took me over 5 min to get to the Google Play refund page and miss the deadline
Instalo y me dice que tengo un error de licencia...
Very angry money lost.
The pro version in samsung note 2 has too much delay. only works with front camera and 320x240. it is good as webcam but if you need it to stream a video is not a good solution. also stop working many times and stoped my camera at all, i had to restarted
Very nice interface and it has excellent quality, considering that it is over WiFi with less than one bar of strength. Absolutely love the support for Linux (Linux geek speaking)!
Give a link on rss http://androidapps4pc.com/