DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Connect with PC via 3G, bluetooth, Wi-Fi and
- Varios video formats and HD supported
- Windows and Linux supported
- Need to download computer client
- Works for 2.1 and later
- Forceclosings and crashes
- Some messenger services don't recognized it
- It's a bit expensive
+ By Dev47
This is one of those original ideas that makes our life easier. We all like to increase the potential and the functionalities of our Android, and this app it's on that track. It uses the back camera (or the front if you prefer it) of your device as a webcam. You will need tough to donwload the app from the market, as well as a desktop software to your PC. It works so far for Windows and Linux computer clients.
Once both software will be installed, you may introduce you IP address in the app and start to videochat through the videocall messenger service you prefer. What's more, you can connect via 3G, bluetooth and USB (that works over ADB Bridge). It supports varios video formats and high resolution, but it just available for Android 2.1 and later.
It has to be said that the idea is great but has some flaws. some messenger service as Yahoo don't recognized it. What's more, there are some bugs, especially in the latest updates: forceclosings, error messages and crashes. We hope it will be solved soon, because we think it's a really worthy app.
This is the paid version of DroidCam with includes improved features ($4.25). You can give a try to the free version DroidCam Wireless WebCam.
DroidCam Wireless Webcam has been developed by Dev47, an emerging developer who has just launched this app (and its free version) in the market.
This is one of those app that makes us save some money by adding new functionalities of our Android. Some points need to be improved and some bugs fixed but we think developers are on the right track.
*note* if you are having problems with Skype v6.2 please re-download and re-install client to fix the problem *
PC Client (and some setup) REQUIRED. Windows or Linux clients available. Follow in-app messages. It is recommended that you try the FREE version of Droidcam first to make sure everything works (PC client is same for both versions).
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer (Skype/Yahoo/MSN/etc.)
- Various video formats and resolutions
- Audio support* ("DroidCam Microphone", experimental)
- IP/Surveillance Camera via your Internet Browser (No computer client required, Will work on almost all networks/computers)
- MJPEG feed accessible by other apps and programs
- Turn on Camera Flash LED light
- Zoom while streaming (control from client)
- Front Camera option for Android 2.3 devices
** If the latest version of Skype (6) does not detect DroidCam, a patch is available in the Help section at dev47apps.com.
** If the Market fails to download the app, log on to your Google Checkout/Wallet account, Cancel the order and try again.
Some of the features are only available if your phone is running Android 2.2+
* Audio support is experimental:
- Available on Windows XP - 7 only, as an optional install
- 64-bit Windows will block the audio driver by default
- Not available via Bluetooth
- On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed by at least 1 second and delivered in larger sections, not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly.
This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0
Recently changed in this version:
Please report any problems after updating at dev47apps.com
- Fixed some bugs with older devices
- Fixed Ip Cam java client
** Computer client updated to v3.6.1. Visit dev47apps.com on your computer and follow the "Update Client" link for a patch
- Camera controls while streaming (Zoom,A/F, LED) form client
- IP Cam user/password options
- New MJPEG feed accessible by Internet Browsers and MJPEG viewers (including apps): http://:/mjpegfeed
Last activity on DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro
- m.s.ideux Downloaded 4d ago
- amirdine Downloaded May 3, 2013
- AndroidCastro Downloaded May 3, 2013
- karthiknaidu999 Downloaded May 2, 2013
- gusxo777 Downloaded Apr 30, 2013
- kmytzuc Downloaded Apr 28, 2013
- galaxy&android Downloaded Apr 24, 2013
- rprado10 Downloaded Apr 22, 2013
- Domeye Downloaded Apr 13, 2013
Lists with: DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro
Comments and ratings for DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro
This app works great. Over WiFi I get a fantastic frame rate, really clear picture and the zoom/led functions work perfectly.
Awesome! Works perfectly. Had some issues with the android USB driver, but finally made it work and However the driver is not a problem of the app developers.
It works great. Highly recommend
It is verry good ....!
It works except waiting for a solution to app quitting on its own after abt 6 hours of use (connection over WiFi/LAN). Because of the quitting problem, not reliable as surveillance cam. Would give more stars if that is solved.
Works great, better than a dedicated webcam
Had it over a year on galaxy s. Work great after installation