DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Connect with PC via 3G, bluetooth, Wi-Fi and
- Varios video formats and HD supported
- Windows and Linux supported
- Need to download computer client
- Works for 2.1 and later
- Forceclosings and crashes
- Some messenger services don't recognized it
- It's a bit expensive
+ By Dev47Apps
DroidCam allows you to use your phone as a webcam by synchronising it with your PC
This is one of those original ideas that makes our life easier. We all like to increase the potential and the functionalities of our Android, and this app it's on that track. It uses the back camera (or the front if you prefer it) of your device as a webcam. You will need tough to donwload the app from the market, as well as a desktop software to your PC. It works so far for Windows and Linux computer clients.
Once both software will be installed, you may introduce you IP address in the app and start to videochat through the videocall messenger service you prefer. What's more, you can connect via 3G, bluetooth and USB (that works over ADB Bridge). It supports varios video formats and high resolution, but it just available for Android 2.1 and later.
It has to be said that the idea is great but has some flaws. some messenger service as Yahoo don't recognized it. What's more, there are some bugs, especially in the latest updates: forceclosings, error messages and crashes. We hope it will be solved soon, because we think it's a really worthy app.
This is the paid version of DroidCam with includes improved features ($4.25). You can give a try to the free version DroidCam Wireless WebCam.
DroidCam Wireless Webcam has been developed by Dev47, an emerging developer who has just launched this app (and its free version) in the market.
This is one of those app that makes us save some money by adding new functionalities of our Android. Some points need to be improved and some bugs fixed but we think developers are on the right track.
You can also use DroidCamX as an IP, or Surveillance, Camera via your Internet browser virtually on all networks. Use it as a pet cam, spy cam, or a security camera.
The app works with a PC Client component that installs the webcam drivers, and connects the computer with the Android device. Windows or Linux clients are available, simply visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to download, install, and get more info on usage.
It is recommended that you try the FREE version of DroidCam first to make sure everything works (PC client is same for both versions).
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer, including Sound and Picture.
- Connect over Wifi or USB cable. (+Basic Bluetooth support)
- High-resolution video support (including 720p streaming in HD Mode).
- Surveillance/IP Camera MJPEG access (access camera via your browser or from another phone/tablet/etc).
- Camera controls: camera flash, auto focus, zoom and more.
- Save still frames to SD Card on mobile device, or on PC via Windows Client.
- Extended controls on the Windows Client: Mirror, Flip, Brightens, Contrast, etc.
- Simple and efficient: Designed to save battery and space as much as possible!
A bargain compared to actual webcams sold in store!
Note: If the Play Store fails to download the app, log on to your Google Wallet account, Cancel the order and try again.
Mostly internal updates.
Save picture to SD card option.
Windows Client v5 also released, with:
- Improved audio support, & driver stability.
- Pop-out video preview.
- 16:9 Wide 720p option under HD mode.
- Brightness/Contrast controls.
- Video Delay control (to better sync with Audio).
- Audio Volume boost control.
- Save still images to computer.
Download available at www.dev47apps.com.
Give a link on rss http://androidapps4pc.com/
Cannot be used in a real-time. There's one second lag between view and sound. Waste of money if you want to use it as a Skype/Hangouts camera.
Just says invalid app version and offers no help. Waste of time.
Links very easily with pc, got it working with Skype easily too! Would like to have a default folder to save snapshots in the pc client - keeps asking everytime I take a picture! Yahoo cam doesn't seem to recognise though? Also - not really clear if any of the settings make much difference? overall very good!
After some googling, I found out how to enable HD mode. A little unnecessarily obfuscated, if you ask me. Why do I have to go poking around in program files? Why can't it just be an option in the app or PC client? On top of that the "HD" video is much worse than what I would get just recording on the phone, and it looks stretched. I'm using USB, too, so there is no Bandwidth issues. Overall, it
Either though it works, i still can't use it in real time. I wanted this app because i don't have a webcam, wanted to do a screen recording but guess what? I am falling so behind with the app from my voice and recording. It's useless even for skype, big lag.
Seem to be a little laggy at first, but I just had to change the settings on the app.. Been using USB Mode, no Internet yet.