DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Connect with PC via 3G, bluetooth, Wi-Fi and
- Varios video formats and HD supported
- Windows and Linux supported
- Need to download computer client
- Works for 2.1 and later
- Forceclosings and crashes
- Some messenger services don't recognized it
- It's a bit expensive
+ By Dev47Apps
DroidCam allows you to use your phone as a webcam by synchronising it with your PC
This is one of those original ideas that makes our life easier. We all like to increase the potential and the functionalities of our Android, and this app it's on that track. It uses the back camera (or the front if you prefer it) of your device as a webcam. You will need tough to donwload the app from the market, as well as a desktop software to your PC. It works so far for Windows and Linux computer clients.
Once both software will be installed, you may introduce you IP address in the app and start to videochat through the videocall messenger service you prefer. What's more, you can connect via 3G, bluetooth and USB (that works over ADB Bridge). It supports varios video formats and high resolution, but it just available for Android 2.1 and later.
It has to be said that the idea is great but has some flaws. some messenger service as Yahoo don't recognized it. What's more, there are some bugs, especially in the latest updates: forceclosings, error messages and crashes. We hope it will be solved soon, because we think it's a really worthy app.
This is the paid version of DroidCam with includes improved features ($4.25). You can give a try to the free version DroidCam Wireless WebCam.
DroidCam Wireless Webcam has been developed by Dev47, an emerging developer who has just launched this app (and its free version) in the market.
This is one of those app that makes us save some money by adding new functionalities of our Android. Some points need to be improved and some bugs fixed but we think developers are on the right track.
PC Client (and some setup) required. Windows or Linux clients available. Follow in-app messages.
It is recommended that you try the FREE version of Droidcam first to make sure everything works (PC client is same for both versions).
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer (Skype/Yahoo/MSN/etc.)
- Various video formats and resolutions
- IP/Surveillance Camera via your Internet Browser (No computer client required, will work on almost all networks/computers)
- MJPEG video feed accessible by other apps and programs
- Turn on Camera Flash LED light, Zoom
** If the Market fails to download the app, log on to your Google Checkout/Wallet account, Cancel the order and try again.
** Some of the features are only available if your phone is running Android 2.2+
* Windows client has experimental Audio support ("DroidCam Microphone"):
- Available on Windows XP - 7 as an optional install
- 64-bit Windows will block the audio driver by default (extra steps needed to activate)
- Not available via Bluetooth
- On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed, not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly. This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0.
Please report any problems after updating at dev47apps.com
- 1280x960 option in client and a few minor upgrades.
- License check results are remembered for longer periods without relying on the Play Store, to allow app usage without a network connection.
** Computer client update available (v3.6.2). Visit dev47apps.com on your computer and follow the "Update Client" link for a patch.**
Not connected. Wanna get refund
Even though this app says it works for skype, It clearly does not. Loading up skype it says no cameras detected. I know i set it up right because it can preview the video in the Droid Cam software. Fix this or refund me now. Also did not support 1080p v
Does not work with Google hangout as described in the description!
The client doesn't install on WIndows 8.1. Please update it.
It works awesomely but the only reason to buy is if you want to be able to toggle flash and also have the camera secured with password Other then that the free version is good enough (I bought it tho lol) >_<
Beyond my imagination that I could do this with a phone.
Audio is broken, GUI on phone is good, but very bad PC implementation! Documentation is a nightmare, and it has buttons that seemingly do nothing.