5,000 - 10,000 downloads
- Create and customize profiles
- Amount of parameters you can set
- It takes some time to set it all
- Layout could be enhanced
EasyProfiles allows you to create different sound/connection/display/actions profiles
There are default profiles (or "modes") in our Android: silent mode, airplane mode... However, sometimes they're not enough or they're not such configurable as we wish. EasyProfiles' developers detected that need and launched an app to solve that situation.
EasyProfiles has 6 default profiles: home, car, default, night, work, meeting. All of them are high customizable: you can enable/disable built-in features of your mobile device. Such features are divided in 4 categories: Wireless, Sound, Display, Actions. What's more you can add as many profiles as you wish. For example, you can create a profile: "Class" and set ringer group exception, disable media volume, start application (sound recorder), send SMS ("I'm at class"), set notification vibration on, and many other.
That's what EasyProfile does. There are lot of rules you can set in each category. You can even enable profiles by location (when you reach the place, the mode automatically changes). In summary, a really useful app for those who spend all day long around, from one place to another, and don't want to spend too much time adjusting parameters. Recommendable.
Best profile manager for android!
Attention rooted devices: You need to install a small system apk in options in order to benefit from having rooted!
EasyProfiles is an intuitive, flexible, battery saving tool which allows you to automatically or manually switch between profiles that you have defined. A profile is a collection of system settings you select to make your device behave as you would like for each situation (quiet, loud, GPS on, etc).
You define rules that activate each profile according to events or other criteria you have defined. The combination of profiles and rules make EasyProfiles a powerful system to enable your Android device to behave as you would like wherever you are.
Profile Attributes are:
- Airplane mode (root only on 4.2 and later)
- GPS* *G
- background data *R
- data roaming *R
- Mobile network* *G
- Radio (toggles only phone/SMS connection) *G
- APN settings
- 2G/3G/4G switch *R (GSM only!)
- 4G / WiMAX*
- Automatic screen brightness
- Screen brightness
- Display timeout
- Wallpaper(Animated wallpapers only *R!)
- patternlock switch *R
- Ringer mode
- Ringer volume
- Notification vibration
- Notification volume
- System volume
- Media volume
- Speaker mode (use phone as hands free device)
- Notification tone
- Sound effects
- Haptic feedback
- Dtmf tone when dialing
- Ringer group exception*
(You may define contact groups (kind of 'VIP') and add all persons to it that need exceptional handling. I.e. all incoming calls that belong to one of the specified groups are suppressed, if the ringer is on. And vice versa if the ringer is off, these calls are indicated by normal ringer sounds.)
- SMS group exception* (Same as Ringer group exception, but this attribute considers SMS instead of calls.)
- Suppress individual contact ringtones*
- Automatically Answer Calls
- HTC Scene*
- Preferred Input Method *R
- Ringer Volume lock
Automatic Profile Switches based on:
- currently activated profile
- detected/missing Motion
- Bluetooth connection/disconnection
- Wifi connection/disconnection
- Headphones (plugged in/out)
- Battery Level
- Charging state
- Calendar Entry* (with keywords)
- Activation Time (limit waiting for another event to specified time, then fire independently)
- Location (based on mobile phone cells or visible wifi hotspots or GPS)
- Car / Desk Docking station
- Foreground Application (upon start or stop) (< 4.1)
- NFC Tags (> 2.3)
Additionally define actions on events and/or profile (de-)activation:
- Start Application
- Stop Application* (not available on FROYO)
- Notify (Notify yourself on an event)
- Send SMS
- Call a number (enables call forwarding)
- Locale Plugin Setting (use all "locale" plugins also in EasyProfiles!)
- Reboot *R
- Execute shortcut (Especially in combination with GScript this becomes a very powerful extension!)
EasyProfiles has an "AutoPin" feature *R: Auomatically inserts SIM PIN after enabling Flightmode, switching preferred network mode or reenabling radio!
Additionally EasyProfile itself is able to act as a locale settings plugin, so you can switch profiles also from other apps (like e.g. tasker).
* These features use non-public API or hidden functions. It is possible that some of them do not work on every combination of device and android version.
It is possible that they then do not work as expected or at all. There is no garantee that they will work on future android versions.
*G These features are not available on unrooted devices using android 2.3 or later.
*R These features are only available on rooted devices.
We have no possibility to answer on comments at the market. Please send an email if you have an issue. We will then help to find the reason.
Read more details and changelog on http://SmartDyne.de/easyprofiles
Fixed SMS ringer exception on Jelly Bean
Fixed minor issue related to screen on/off condition
Another fix for Jelly Bean: vibration settings in attribute "ringer mode"
Added alternative Method for condition "App Start/Stop"
Added support for more NFC cards.
Fixed some minor issues
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I can't have earphones plugged in and keep profile with sound on. Otherwise sound would come through phone instead of earphones. Emailed smartdyne months ago, no response. Also doesn't override other sound settings so makes for too many places to set soun
It knows when I am sleeping, it knows when I'm awake, it knows when I am working and when I get home, for goodness sake! It's like Santa... You have to play around with it. The notification sound quirks were fixed. The learning curve for the profile sett
One of the better profile apps in the market, and works well for everything but SMS, ie there are no independent settings for this. No doubt that this is an Android problem, but developer should keep up. Would be 5 stars if fixed
A once great app I recently installed on my Galaxy S4 only 2discover u will not hear any SMS notification sounds at all. I thought I was going deaf with all the missed SMS's I was getting... but it was this app muting them. Have played with all the settin