Supported operations include creating new volumes, importing existing files into volumes, opening files inside volumes by launching the chosen viewer application, creating directories, cut/copy/paste files and directories from one location to another within a volume, renaming files and directories, exporting files and directories from a volume onto the local device etc.
Explanation of permissions:
* Storage: Used for viewing and exporting files to the SD card.
* Network: Needed to access Dropbox and Google Drive.
* Prevent sleeping: Some encryption operations can run for a long time and take even longer if the device is sleeping so Encdroid temporarily prevents the device from going to sleep.
* Manage accounts / Use accounts: These are needed to link against a Google account and access Google Drive.
Since Encdroid is open source, it is possible for anyone to audit the source code by visiting the GitHub repository or even build their own copy of the application for increased peace of mind. See https://github.com/mrpdaemon/encdroid for the source code and contribution information.
This application includes cryptographic software. The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country, of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software, please check your country's laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. See <http://www.wassenaar.org/> for more information.
The U.S. Government Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), has classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number (ECCN) 5D002.C.1, which includes information security software using or performing cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms. The form and manner of this application makes it eligible for export under the License Exception ENC Technology Software Unrestricted (TSU) exception (see the BIS Export Administration Regulations, Section 740.13) for both object code and source code.
Tags: encdroid, open source eccn, encdroid desktop, crack sse enc, eccn 5d002.
- Upgrade to latest OpenSSL version (1.0.1h).
- Fix for directory content not being shown if the directory name has unicode characters
- Fix for being able to use unicode characters in the volume password
- Misc minor crash fixes
- Fix Google Drive files being deleted on rename
- More robust account login handling
- Misc. bug fixes
- Fix certain files not being shown (filtered out) with Google Drive
- Fix for a couple minor crashes