Currently, the time estimation is done by two simple algorithms which calculate the estimation based on the discharging or charging time for one / three percent. There will be more sophisticated algorithms available in the future which will result in a better time estimation for your Android device.
Even if there is a stand-alone widget provided with the app, you can use the nicer looking widget by installing the DashClock Widget on your Android 4.2+ device.
WARNING: The application is just a very early development version and will be updated and changed frequently. If you are interested in new features (like a widget), request them at https://github.com/thuetz/Energize/issues
Source code: https://github.com/thuetz/Energize
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To collect information about the battery statistics (for providing an good charging estimate) we start a battery monitoring service at the time the device booted up completely. This service will log the changes in the charging level of the battery. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less :)
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: This permission is used to be able to copy the battery statistics database to the SD card of your device (in case you want to investigate what was logged).
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: This permission will be automatically requested as soon as the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission was requested. Its not actually used by this app.
- BILLING: This permission is requested to support donations directly inside of the app. You are NOT enforced to pay any amount of money to unlock a feature or disable ads. Its actually just for providing an easy way for donations.
Keywords: battery, monitoring, capacity, time estimation, remaining time, remaining capacity, notification bar, status bar, ics, jb, ice cream sandwich, jelly bean, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, battery widget, dashclock widget, dash clock widget
Tags: battery monitor source code.
- Added support for the DashClock widget
- Fixed a bug which caused that the fragments were not updated if the application was paused and then resumed
- Fixed some minor performance issues