FileMan Remote File Manager
by: 888bid.com • 5
What FileMan can do?
FileMan is not only a local file manager, but also a remote file manager. It makes upload and download files between devices as easy as copy files within your local device.
1. Traverse the entire file systems on both local and remote devices.
2. Upload and download files between your local and remote devices via WI-FI network.
3. Create folder, copy, delete, rename files in your local and remote devices.
4. Use history and bookmark to direct you to the desire location. Direct you back to the prior location last time left out on application start up.
5. Search Files and directories base by name and time.
Sort directories and files by name, size, time, and type.
6. Tar and GZip( compress and decompress) your directories and files(Only available for rooted devices).
7. Send files via email or SMS message
8. List internal and external memory capacity and used information and list top 20 bigger directories.
9. Launch the associated application based on the file type directly
To perform this example, you need two Android devices, one will act as the server and the other as the client. In order to perform the example test, it requires WI-FI service, and the two device have to be in the same network.
1. Turn on the WI-FI on both devices.
2. Start FileMan from the server, go to Menu > Settings > Local File Server Info
3. Click the "Send" button to send the server info to the client via email or SMS messaging.
4. Start FileMan from the client, go to Menu > Settings > Remote Server List, press "Create", enter the information that sent by the server, click the
"Test" button, If the message saying "Passed", click "Add" to add the server. The following entry should appear in the server list.
If the entry is not set to default, check the entry and click "Set Default" on the top.
5. Click "Remote" on the top of the client, you should see the folders and files from the server are displayed.
6. If you have problems to connect to the server, restart the server by go to Menu > Settings > Restart Local File Server.
7. download files
Step1: Click "Remote" on the client, browse to a server directory that contains files, check some files and click "Select" on the top to select the files into the clipboard.
Step 2: Click "Local" on the client, browse the client directory where you want to put the files, click "Paste" on the top.
Step 3: Because the download process is running in the background, the UI may not show the new downloaded files, in case like this, click "Refresh" on the top.
8. upload files
Step 1: Click "Local" on the client, browse to a client directory that contains files, check some files and click "Select" on the top to select the files into the clipboard.
Step 2: Click "Remote" on the client, browse the server directory where you want to put the files, click "Paste" on the top.
Step 3: Because the upload process is running in the background, the UI may not show the new uploaded files, in case like this, click "Refresh" on the top.
To get help, after install FileMan
Go to Menu > Help
Keywords: file manager file explorer file browser astro wireless LAN SMB gallery file expert astro wireless wifi google file manager file explorer fileman
Tags: remote file manager , go to remote ui top page 192.168.1.7 , remote file manager client server , remote file explorer client server , build send files list to remote server , a local/remote file manager for google , fileman file manager , default fileman