Folders by SAS® Beta
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By SAS Institute Inc.
Folders by SAS® Beta is a lightweight, fast, multi-column browser that helps you explore files and directories on internal Flash memory and external SD cards. The Folders app does not require Root access.
Folders is optimized for phones and tablets of all shapes and sizes, giving you the best view of your files and directories, no matter what.
• View all available folders and files on your device.
• Open or execute files such as videos, music, documents, or images.
• Create new folders.
• Bookmark your favorite items and come back to them later.
• Share items via e-mail.
• Display breadcrumbs to navigate deeply nested trees.
• Control the display of file sizes and dates in the Settings menu.
Folders uses your installed viewers to open different file types. If Folders can’t find an app to view a particular file type, then it lets you know that the file cannot be opened.
Easy Tips for Using Folders:
• Rotate the device to see more folders.
• Swipe left and right to bring more folders into view.
• Tap and hold an item to enter a selection mode where you can rename, copy, move, or delete the item.
Most files and folders outside of the /sdcard directory are protected by the Android operating system. Folders respects all Android permissions and doesn’t enable you to read or write anything you don’t have access to.
This is a beta version of the Folders app, so please report any problems or suggestions using our email address. We cannot respond to problems reported only in the ratings.
Folders requires the following permissions:
• Modify/delete SD card contents: Copy, move, and rename file on internal and external storage.
• Full Internet access: For anonymous usage statistics (only used if you turn on the statistics in settings).
• Your location: coarse (network-based): For anonymous usage statistics (only used if you turn on the statistics in settings).
• How long the application remains open, and how often different features are used.
• The most often used paths between different sections of the application.
• General information about your mobile device such as the screen size, device type, model number, locale, obfuscated location, and Android version number.
• Additional information required by the normal functioning of the Flurry Analytics SDK (as described in http://www.flurry.com/privacy-policy.html) and/or the Google Analytics SDK (https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/).
Tags: folders by sas beta.
• Added translations for Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
• Added optional usage statistics with Google Analytics in addition to Flurry.
• Fixed a problem opening files with upper case extensions.
• Now requires Android 4 or higher.
• Share optional usage statistics with SAS.
• New launch icon.
• Improved handling of the back button.
• Allow installation on SD card.