FOViewer Deluxe is a handy astronomy tool for every stargazer or astrophotographer. It allows you to calculate things like the magnification of your particular telescope and eyepiece combination. FOViewer Deluxe will also show your field of view superimposed on astrophotos of well-known objects. That way you can get a good prediction of which eyepieces to use to optimally view your celestial targets. You can add your own equipment to FOViewer Deluxe to get spot-on predictions for your telescope / eyepiece combinations. If a particular telescope / eyepiece combination results in a magnification that goes beyond the maximum useful magnification of your telescope, then FOViewer Deluxe will notify you by giving the magnification a red background and showing an alert. There are also a couple of very handy features for astrophotography!
Apart from the magnification, the field of view and the F ratio of your telescope, FOViewer Deluxe will show you the local time, your GPS coordinates, the current moonphase, a clear sky clock for your location, a bubble level and a compass to help you get that GOTO telescope properly aligned!
So to summarize, FOViewer Deluxe;
• Calculates the magnification, F ratio and field of view for a particular telescope / eyepiece combination.
• Calculates the exit pupil for a particular telescope / eyepiece combination.
• Alerts you when your magnifications goes beyond the maximum useful magnification of your telescope.
• Shows you your field of view as a circle drawn on photos of celestial objects. All objects of the Messier and NGC catalogue are available.
• Shows the field of view of your CCD camera or DSLR camera as a rectangle drawn on photos of celestial objects. The field of view rectangle can be rotated. All objects of the Messier and NGC catalogue are available.
• Let’s you add and remove your own telescopes, eyepieces, CCD camera's and barlow lenses.
• Shows your local time to help you configure your GOTO telescope.
• Shows your current GPS position.
• Shows you where magnetic north is by means of a compass.
• Shows you the current moonphase.
• Shows you a clear sky clock for your current location.
• Much more!
A few pointers on using FOViewer.
• Tap the arrow icons in the top bar to cycle through eyepieces and cameras.
• Tap the arrow icons in the lower bar to cycle through objects in the current catalogue.
• Frequently calibrate your build-in electronic compass by drawing figure 8’s in the air.
If you export your gear from the trial version (Add gear > Menu > Export), it will be automatically imported in the full version of FOViewer Deluxe.
If you don't see a menu button on your device, long press the multitask button to open the menu.
Tags: iewerdxfull , foviewer deluxe