Generic Toggle Widget
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Miskam
Configurable widget on your home screen saves space and many clicks. Multiple settings can be toggled at the same time in a single profile. Possible profiles include night mode, meeting, travel, flashlight, car, battery saver and more. For example, Airplane Mode and WiFi can be turned on together with a single click (good for places with bad reception where there is WiFi). SADLY IN ANDROID 4.2+(JELLY_BEAN_MR1) AIRPLANE MODE IS NO LONGER DIRECTLY AVAILABLE (the app will take the user to the airplane setting in ANDROID 4.2+). This free ad-supported widget supports single profile only. Paid version without ads is available here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mk.generictogglewidgetpaid
All feedback/requests are welcome.
1) Widget does not do anything unless user taps it. This app does not monitor the state of the device, so it is possible to get into situation where the widget is showing the wrong state. For example, the user configured the widget as a simple Bluetooth on/off switch. Tap on the widget and the switch is now in ON position and Bluetooth is now enabled. Then, if the user manually goes into settings and disables Bluetooth (or some other app disables Bluetooth), widget will remain in the ON position. THIS IS BY DESIGN.
2) This version only supports single profile, but more than one widget can be added to the home screen(s)/lock screen(s) and all copies of the same widget will toggle together with one click no matter which copy is clicked. As such the user can avoid the hassle of scrolling between home screens/unlocking the phone/remembering where the switch is located. Two different profiles at the same time are possible by installing both paid and free versions. If you need multiple profiles without any ads on your device, please get the paid version and contact the developer.
3) Flashlight works on most devices. Handy in Android 4.2-4.4 right from lock screen.
- Thanks to http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/interface-tutorials/round-switch-button/ for a great Photoshop tutorial on the main image used in this app, which was slightly modified.
Tags: toggle widget tutorial, tutorial widget bluetooth on off, generic toggle widget, power toggle widget free pc, switch button in, widget configuration design, photoshop tutorial.
- minor changes on the visual (material design, auto-label, app icon)
- GTW Settings "recordings" button uses Chrome as File Manager to take you to your local GTW_Records/ dir, where all voice and call recordings are stored (any other file manager can be used instead)
- made cellData option work on more devices (now toggles mobile data on LG G2 and others)