Generic Toggle Widget+
50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Configurable widget on your home screen saves space and many clicks. Multiple settings can be toggled at the same time in a single profile. Possible profiles include night mode, meeting, travel, flashlight, car, battery saver and more. For example, Airplane Mode and WiFi can be turned on together with a single click (good for places with bad reception where there is WiFi to save battery life and to make free calls/texts with apps like GrooVe IP Lite). SADLY IN ANDROID 4.2+(JELLY_BEAN_MR1) AIRPLANE MODE IS NO LONGER DIRECTLY AVAILABLE (the app will take the user to the airplane mode setting in Android 4.2+).
1) Widget does not do anything unless user taps it. This app does not monitor the state of the device, so it is possible to get into situation where the widget is showing the wrong state. For example, lets assume the user configured the widget as a simple Bluetooth on/off switch. Tap on the widget and the switch is now in ON position and Bluetooth is now enabled. Then, if the user manually goes into settings and disables Bluetooth (or some other app disables Bluetooth), widget will remain in the ON position. THIS IS BY DESIGN.
2) LED Flashlight works on most phones. Handy in Android 4.2+ right from the lock screen.
3) Simultaneous multiple profile toggles are possible, but not from the same app package (2 profiles at the same time are possible by installing paid and free versions). Free version can be found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mk.zombie If you need more than 2 profiles, please email me for another copy.
- Thanks to http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/interface-tutorials/round-switch-button/ for a great Photoshop tutorial. Images used in this app are slightly modified.
Feel free to email me with any questions/requests.
Tags: generic toggle.
- added Block Caller ID feature
- fixed flashlight for Nexus 5 and some other devices
- fixed Mobile Data (cellData) bug: added CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE permission
- removed unnecessary permission