NEW!!! Try it, the BEST GeoAlarm Clock on the market!
Alarm clock, GeoAlarms & Proximity Alerts.
With GEO Alarm you can set alarms based (or not) on your geographic position! Insert your places of interest (home, work, school, etc,) and you will be advised on the time set for each place.
- set an alarm for lunch time which will only play if you are in your work place
- choose an hour to wake up when you are at home and another when you are at home of your friends
- to wake up soon during the week only if you are at home (and not when you are on holiday)
- to remember you to buy a newspaper when you are at your favourite bar having breakfast
pcmAlarm has also "proximity alerts", in this case you don't have to worry loosing the train stop while sleeping. Just add the station to your places of interest and you will be advised when in proximity within range chosen by you.
Choose which location provider to utilize:
- Network - uses mobile phone towers to obtain your approximative position. This option has less battery consumption, but it is recommended to use large ranges when setting places and alerts. This kind of position can have a high margin of error (even more than 1000 mt). It is mandatory to have a data connection (internet) active in the device.
- GPS - uses the GPS satellites receiver (remember to activate it in the device settings). With GPS satellites, location is accurate (even less than 20 mt of margin of error), but battery consumption is higher, unless the AGPS technology is not allowed on your device (GPS assisted by the internet connection).
Both with mobile networks or GPS satellites, GEO Alarm uses complex algorithms for saving battery of the device, by checking locations only on necessary moments, fixed by your position, speed and distance from the place of interest nearest to you.
READ BEFORE INSTALL!
- Do not keep proximity alerts always active, this helps saving device's battery. Activate the alert only when necessary. When reaching the position, the alert will be automatically desactivated.
- IMPORTANT! From version 2.2, Android allows the search of mobile networks only when screen is ON! For this reason sometime (during the location control) the display can automatically switch ON for few milliseconds. In the settings screen you can disactivate this option, but the application will not be able to check the correct position based on mobile networks. This problem doesn't exist when using GPS only. See the official discussion on following website: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=10931
Tags: geo alarm code , pcmalarm apk , geo-alarm-clock-geoalerts , pcmalarm , despertador de acordo co a posição do gps , alarm clock widget , geo proximity alarm