Ghost Commander File Manager
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Bulk moves
- Issues with clouds
+ By Ghost Squared
Ghost Commander lets you manage your files from anywhere.
The Ghost Commander File Manager app allows you to customize your file management system to fit your needs. You can bulk copy, cut, delete, move, transfer, and more.
The app is compatible with Dropbox and other cloud storage systems, to make your file management simplified.
Compatible with other systems, this app makes file management easy. It allows you to do single and bulk movements.
Doesn't work with all clouds.
The main idea behind this is classic: copy and move files from one panel to another. This method of operating is far more convenient than what is offered by most other file managers, in which you would have to copy/cut items and then navigate to various different folders to paste them - back and forth, again and again.
To not overload the display with extra checkboxes, each file row is divided by two zones: tapping on the left you open files and folders, tapping on the right you select multiple items. If you are left handed, that could be swapped in the settings.
Ghost Commander lets you transfer files both to and from FTP and SFTP servers and Windows network shares, as well as Google Drive, BOX and Dropbox cloud storage (plugin required), plus it can create/extract ZIP archives and work with as it was a regular folder.
For advanced users, this file manager also supports root (superuser) mode, which is essential to work with protected system files on a rooted phone, change file permission attributes/owners (chmod/chown) and even execute your own shell commands (busybox required).
This file manager is very customizable and comes with a lot of options which allow you to adjust its appearance and behavior to your personal tastes and habits.
Ghost Commander's features include, but are not limited to:
* easy sorting by name, extension, size or date
* customizable multiselect (by tapping, or select by wildcards)
* root / superuser (su) mode: remount partitions and make changes in system files
* change file owner and permissions (in root mode only)
* working with files via the MediaStore perspective (which allows writing access to external SDcard on Kitkat)
* ZIP archive support: create and extract ZIP files, view inside a ZIP without extracting
* built-in FTP client: upload to/download from your own site or a public one
* favorite shortcuts for folders and locations
* calculation of file and folder size and MD5 and SHA-1
* file search by content and other properties
* text editor (built-in or external)
* text and picture viewers
* sends files via email, Bluetooth and so on
* personalization: colors, font size, interface language, custom toolbar, etc
* Windows network support via an optional SMB plugin
* Streaming audio/video from a remote location to a player app (VPlayer is recommended)
* Access to the Google Drive, Dropbox and BOX or any WebDAV enabled cloud storage (with plugins)
Requested permissions explanation:
INTERNET - to make FTP and other network plugins be able to connect to internet hosts.
No connection is established without your command to do so.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - to not to let the WiFi go down during a file transfer.
WAKE_LOCK - to not to let the phone go to a deep sleep during a file transfer.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to let the file manager copy files to the sdcard.
VIBRATE - to let the phone vibrate when a long file operation is done.
INSTALL_SHORTCUT - to create shortcut icons to the desktop.
MOUNT_UNMOUNT_FILESYSTEMS - to do so when you have asked that.
ACCESS_SUPERUSER - to let the root: mode of the file manager functioning properly. Not used for any other purposes.
USE_CREDENTIALS - only to let the Google Drive plugin access to the Google based services.
The website: http://tinyurl.com/gc1site.
Vote for new features: http://tinyurl.com/gc-user
Help with localization: https://crowdin.com/project/ghost-commander
If you like this application, a small donation to help further development will be appreciated!
Keywords: root, file manager, manage files, file explorer, Midnight Commander, Norton Commander, FAR manager, dual panel
Video by Appgovideo.com
* New "SAF" mode for read/write access to external sdcard on Lollipop devices.
Please find the "Storage Access Framework" item in the home: list. Once taped, you will be asked to pick a directory to allow full access. Your choice will be remembered and you won't be asked again. Hint: If you want to change your choice, tap and hold the item to pop up the context menu.
* Better picture viewer
* Fix in the FTP client to better handle some server responses
* Sorting order is now persistent
Old style but very nice
Good app but Bad gui design, you can learn from total commander about how to design gui for file manager
It isn't pretty but it does its job exceedingly well
A nice app to manage your files. thanks to the developer.
well worked out for me found ghost file and it is no more :)
Love the way you are