- clone from any Git repository using HTTP or GIT protocol
- synchronize with the remote repository by pulling new commits
- browse files and directories contained in the repository
GitDroid is continuously being enhanced and the following features are planned for a future release:
- viewing previous versions of a file
- support for SSH and HTTPS protocols
- making changes to local files and committing them
- pushing to the remote repository
- Converted the file viewer into a simple file editor capable of making changes to text files.
- Drastically reduced the size of the APK by applying XZ compression.
- Enabled the GitDroid viewer to be launched by other activities to view text files.
- Improved the repository display on tablet devices.
- Switched to the Holo Light theme.
- Git commands are now run in a separate service.
- x86 and MIPS devices are now supported.