50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- It could have more innovative features
Android's new stock keyboard
Although it's likely that most of you have already installed a new-gen keyboard, mainly because it came built in past Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), there are still some manufacturers that don't integrate it with their user interfaces, let alone devices stuck in Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or earlier.
Therefore, here it is, free for all, armed with all the expected features. First off, you don't have to lift your finger from the screen anymore, this keyboard recognizes the path and suggests accordingly. It's really an experience you'll get used to it really fast.
Voice Typing might not be the panacea yet, but it's on a level undreamed of just a few years back, so try it before ruling it out. We regret Almighty Google hasn't added any feature from the most innovative keyboards on market nowadays in order to fully integrate it into current user experience. Perhaps the exception is the chance to link your keyboard to your Google account, hence working across and keeping your own dictionary on all your gadgets.
That's how it works: if you already have a top-notch keyboard, nobody asks you to change it now. Otherwise, if you're still tapping keys one after the other, click on download above.
When you can’t find the right thing to say, you don’t have to write at all. The new Google Keyboard supports hundreds of emojis, so you can express yourself in any Android app (KitKat or later).
• Personalized suggestions, corrections, and completions
• Keypress popup animations
• Emoji entry point and layouts (Android 4.4, KitKat or later)
• Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
• Space-aware Gesture Typing: No need to lift your finger while typing – just gesture through the space bar
• Voice Typing
• Dictionaries for more than 25 languages
• Advanced keyboard layouts
• Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
• Refined suggestions and corrections using data from Google apps and services
• Improved suggestions in more languages (including Spanish)
• Improved placement of microphone key and comma key
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
This App is not available in South Africa.
Why not? When will it be available?
The comma used to be on the right and is better that way. Plus, the semi colon used to be just underneath it, and it is a pain to not have all punctuation keys on the same keyboard as they used to be.
Keyboard I have used so far. The most functional and has great features! Also, the best at word prediction and swiping yet.
Stop changing stuff, it was fine the way it was a few updates ago. Now it freezes my phone, I have to relearn where things are every update. Two thumbs down.
Nice job and keeps getting better everyday.