Google Now Launcher
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Automatic information based on context
- Easily accessible from your homescreen
- Only for Nexus/Google Play devices with KitKat
The right information at your fingertips, based on your context
If you've got a Nexus or Google Play edition device with Android 4.4 (KitKat), the Google Now Launcher is a must-have - or, at least, a must-play-around-with. The launcher makes all the services of Google Now available with a quick swipe of the finger on your homescreen, bringing up all those Googly goodness cards based on your current context. Alternatively, you can use voice input to just say "OK Google" and call up the app.
The classic search option is here, of course - but there's also integration with other functions on your phone, like sending a text message (SMS), getting directions, or even playing a song.
Give Google Now a shot if your device is compatible with it. Not everyone finds the added functionality super useful, but sometimes you don't even know what your device is capable of until it suggests new features to you. Given that it's from Google, we can also expect frequent updates as the technology advances.Developer's original description available here
Available on all devices with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later.
• Google Now on your home screen - it's easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say "Ok Google" - when you're on your home screen, just say "Ok Google" to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
• Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
Some features are unavailable in some areas.
It's great but the icons are to big and there's no possible way to change their position. And it would be more great if we can change the dark or dim notification bar to a normal transparent notification bar, its always the problem even in kitkat series, so please make android more premium looking and elegant because now its very horrible operative system and I cant use my smartphone for a long ti
I hate hitting home only to land on google now. There isn't enough need to slide to google now rather than swipe up for it.
cant open this app. please help me
This is the only bug I found.
Needs a "Dark Theme", so much white is blinding. Using Google Now launcher on my Note 10.1 running 4.1.2. Brought my tablet "back to life" again! This will be my last Samsung Tablet I EVER purchase due to lack of support and updates...
It's a great launcher that fits the best with the phone but it would be better if you make personalisable icons from different android version or mobiles like google nexus series.
Its really good and I'm glad its on all 4.1 android devices but Like @jossy paul stated there's an issue when you connect USB all SD card icons will be gone off the home screen, I hope this is fixed in new versions. The translucent status bar is a lie.