100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Excellent performance: precise and high-quality translations
- Voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting
- 70 languages available
- Limited font recognition
- Conversation mode hit and miss
Download Google Translate
Google Translate is much more than a simple language converter: it’s the Swiss Army knife of translators!
Google Translate is a go-to service: once you give it a try, you'll never know how you lived with out it. It has never been known for 100% accuracy, but for pure ease of use, language coverage and variety of features, you'd be hard pushed to find better.
January saw another big update - and the app now boasts translation into a whopping 90 languages, as well as an improved conversation mode (with added languages), and the ability to translate with voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting.
A machine can never (in my humble opinion) replace a human translator: but Google has taken things one step further. If getting the gist quickly is what you need, it will never let you down.
The sheer number of languages covered is what has always put Google ahead of the rest, and more and more are added all the time. And the new and improved elements make it a cut above any of its competitors.
The old version of the Google Translate app allowed two people to speak to one another across languages by just touching a button to change the language detection mode: the new version claims to allow simultaneous translation in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian.
Prior to the current release, users could take a photo of text in another language and have it translated into their language of choice. With Word Lens, the app will attempt to translate text live on screen as you aim your camera at a sign, menu or a page of text.
Word Lens is impressive, but is hampered by its limited font recognition - it struggles with some serif fonts and relies on your steady hands - slight blurring of a photo causes issues.
The conversation mode isn't always very accurate - but you will be very amused by the suggestions!
• Translate between 90 languages
• Converse naturally and let Google translate
• Translate with your voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting
• Translate offline while traveling. No internet connection needed.
• Save your translations and access from any device
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Novosibirsk Metro image by Wikipedia user Sskz, used per the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
Google Translate Videos
• Improved stability. Fixed crash bugs.
• Word Lens: Just point your camera to a sign or text and the Translate app will instantly translate the text, even without Internet/data connection. Currently available in: English ↔ French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
• Automatic language detection in speech/conversation mode - start translating with speech input and Translate will recognize which of the two languages is being spoken, allowing you to have a more fluid conversation.
Some lists where this application appears: Apps to Get, Good Stuff, Android for landmÃ¦nd, Ãšteis, Free, Rodrigo Elizeu, reference, Apps for Gerry, Google, translate, Apps, Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund, my faverate apps, Around the World in 80 days, apps for new phone, VUT: Very Useful Tools, Reviewed by Anna Grace, Reviewed by Jayne Deacon.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Be able to access the camera device.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - Manage the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - To read SMS.
- - Record audio.
- - Request authentication tokens from accounts linked to your phone.
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 3.2.0.RC03.85752705 released on 02/26/15.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.0.RC06.83908714 released on 01/22/15.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.15 released on 11/25/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.12 released on 09/04/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.10 released on 06/20/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.7 released on 06/06/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.5 released on 03/12/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.4 released on 12/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.3 released on 12/13/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.2 released on 12/12/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.1 released on 11/23/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100000000 downloads level reached on 09/24/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.8 released on 08/16/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7 released on 05/09/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.6 released on 03/28/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.3 released on 12/06/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.2 released on 10/30/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.1 released on 10/05/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000000 downloads level reached on 09/24/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5 released on 08/09/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.2 released on 06/21/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.1 released on 06/04/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4 released on 05/31/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.1 released on 01/08/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3 released on 12/18/11.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000000 downloads level reached on 11/26/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.2 released on 10/13/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1 released on 04/14/11.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0.0 released on 01/12/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1.3 released on 11/19/10.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1.2 released on 11/04/10.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1.1 released on 06/18/10.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1 released on 03/31/10.
- NewFirst appearance on 01/05/10.
Displaying 4 of 34 - show all
Great android app!
You Can Downliad Android game apk to your computer from:
Force closes on the first use, every time, even if I use it multiple times throughout the day, the 1st time is a force close. I have to re-load then use the translate again.
While the app does work. The biggest complaint I have is that the live conversation capture time is way to small. It will only capture 5 or so seconds of conversation.
Voice does not work on Tmobile G2 with upgrade to 2.0.0 (in normal or conversation mode) with any language including Spanish..had to uninstall upgrade to get voice back. text translations work OK.
Google translate is awesome. I do seo work at jfseostudio.com and build custom computers at chimeracustom.com and I couldn't do these great things without it with my foriegn customer base.
It's a great help when learning new languages and traveling. No need for a dictionary with this. You can use it for phrases and lingo as well.