1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Make your device run smoothly
- Easy to use
- There are other similar tools
Improve your device performance by hibernating some apps
Greenify is a popular utility app which helps techies and avid mobile users keep their devices fast and clean even when they have lots of apps installed.
What is this application great for? Improving your battery life, memory usage and increasing your device speed. In addition, the developers state that if you have a rooted device, you won't have to worry about any of that.
How does it work? Greenify shows you which are the apps that can cause a slow performance and allows you to stop them and feel like your device quickly works better than before.
OASIS FENG is the developer of Greenify and the Donation version of the app. Don't accidentally put your Alarm clock to hibernate... as you might not wake up at the right time!
Useful and easy to use, simple design.
NEW: Auto-hibernation now works in non-root mode, (need to be enabled in experimental features setting, Android 4.1+ required). If you have secure key-guard enabled, try "Hibernate and Lock Screen" shortcut or "Pull up" gesture on Home soft-key.
Never should your phone or tablet become slower and battery hungrier after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your device can run almost as smoothly and lastingly as it did the first day you had it!
Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery, in an unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground, similar to iOS apps!
Please report bugs in the XDA forum (http://goo.gl/ZuLDnE) or G+ community (http://goo.gl/MoszF).
Greenify NEVER EVER collects your personal data despite the capability of accessibility service, it just takes advantage of it to automate things.
IMPORTANT: Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality (service, periodic task, event receiver, alarm, widget update, push message) of this app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app.
NEVER greenify alarm clock apps, instant messaging apps unless you don't rely on them. Please do verify the impact of greenified apps on which you heavily rely.
Compared to other popular tools aimed for the similar purpose, Greenify offers the following advantages:
◆ Unlike the "Freeze" feature in "TitaniumBackup Pro" that totally disable the app, you can still use your app as usual, share content with it. No need to freeze & defrozen it.
◆ Unlike "Autostarts", you can benefit from almost all of its advantages, without needing to deal with the complexity and risk of obscure app components, and never lose functionality when app is actively running.
◆ Unlike any "XXX Task Killer", your device will never fall into the cat-mouse-game of stealthy-running and aggressive killing, which unnecessarily consumes more battery juice.
Note: Greenify does need a background running service for auto-hibernation to work. It is designed and implemented in extremely lightweight, with an average RAM footprint less than 5M, and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption.
In case you cannot install from Play Store: http://oasisfeng.com/Greenify.apk
=== PERMISSIONS ===
INTERNET: Needed by "Raise Your Voice" program to send back only small amount of anonymous statistics data, without privacy information. You can opt-out at any time.
DRAW OVER OTHER APP: To show guide layer over the app setting UI of system in non-root mode.
READ SENSITIVE LOG: To analysis the wake up cause of greenified apps.
GET ACCOUNTS & WRITE SYNC SETTINGS: Control the account sync of apps if its sync task is too frequent.
DISABLE YOUR SCREEN LOCK & BIND ACCESSIBILITY SERVICE: For automatic hibernation to work on non-root devices.
=== FAQ ===
* Why not support Android 2.x?
* It seems that automatic hibernation is not working.
* Some of my greenified apps (e.g. Google Maps) seems not hibernating.
* I want to greenify system apps!
* De-greenified apps still got no push notification!
Read here: http://goo.gl/1F5pY
=== Beta Channel ===
See G+ community board: http://goo.gl/MoszF
=== Translation ===
All translations are open for contribution: http://goo.gl/zCCDce
=== Donation ===
If you love Greenify, please consider the "donation package" http://goo.gl/fpz5l for extra experimental features:
* Greenify system apps (now without Xposed)
* Allow GCM push for hibernated apps
* Detect "who" woke the hibernated apps and optionally cut off the wake-up path.
* Wake-up timer coalescing
"Wake-up Tracker and Cut-off" now works for all rooted devices, always enabled, no Xposed required.
All Xposed features are now compatible with Xposed alpha on Android 5.0.
[DONATION] New experimental feature - "Deep Hibernation" reduces wake-up of hibernated apps to a minimal level.
[DONATION] Improved GCM wake-up.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER
- - Disable the keyguard.
- - Retrieve state dump information from system services.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Get info about the currently running tasks.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - Stop all processes running in the background.
- - Read the system log files. Usually used to collect crash and force close reports.
- - Read the sync settings.
- - Read the sync stats.
- - Know if the system has finished booting.
- - Open windows on top of all other applications.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - Change the sync settings.
- - com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT
- - com.oasisfeng.greenify.INTERNAL
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 2.6.1 released on 04/06/15.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.2 released on 01/19/15.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.1 released on 01/07/15.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5 released on 12/02/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.4 released on 11/13/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.3 released on 09/27/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.1 released on 09/16/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4 released on 09/03/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.2 released on 06/15/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.1 (build 11) released on 05/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3 (build 10) released on 05/16/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.2 (build 11) released on 03/24/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1 (build 7) released on 02/08/14.
- ChangesName changed from Greenify *ROOT* to Greenify on 02/08/14.
- ChangesName changed from Greenify *ROOT: Renew my Phone to Greenify *ROOT* on 01/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0 released on 01/12/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000000 downloads level reached on 01/12/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.99 released on 12/10/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.97 released on 11/18/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.95 released on 09/23/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500000 downloads level reached on 09/10/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.92 released on 07/30/13.
- ChangesName changed from Greenify *ROOT* to Greenify *ROOT: Renew my Phone on 06/11/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.82 released on 05/12/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.8 released on 05/07/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.73 released on 04/24/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.71 released on 04/21/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.7 released on 04/20/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100000 downloads level reached on 04/02/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.6 released on 03/25/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.57 released on 03/13/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.56 released on 03/10/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000 downloads level reached on 03/08/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.51 released on 03/05/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.5 released on 03/04/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.45 released on 02/24/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000 downloads level reached on 02/24/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.41 released on 02/18/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 5000 downloads level reached on 02/18/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.4 released on 02/17/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000 downloads level reached on 02/17/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500 downloads level reached on 02/15/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.32 released on 02/09/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.2 released on 02/03/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100 downloads level reached on 01/31/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.11 released on 01/26/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1 released on 01/25/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50 downloads level reached on 01/21/13.
- NewFirst appearance on 01/12/13.
Displaying 4 of 49 - show all
It won't open
This app has been so helpful to me.. Effective!
I tried to disable yahoo mail, facebook messager... all it saying its GCM, you cant disable.. need donation. Thanks uninstalling
After latest update greenify service is running all the time.....I'm not new to this app, but I still have no idea how to prevent the service from running.. With auto hibernate turned on a service would run all the time, but I don't have it on and this "wake up monitor" is always running now.. Is it just a bug with my device because it doesn't seem like anyone else is talking about it?
Great app for boosting phones performance
This is a very good apps I like it