Debugging a smartphone app currently requires a smartphone plus another computer such as a desktop PC. Introducing GROPG, the first graphical on-phone debugger. GROPG lets you debug a smartphone app directly on your smartphone. The latest version of GROPG works on all smartphones and tablets (rooted or non-rooted) running Android version 2.2 to 4.2.1.
With GROPG you can do all of the following right on your Android tablet or phone.
- Load Java source code files into GROPG and navigate through them
- Set breakpoints by tapping a line
- View and edit the list of all active breakpoints
- Inspect in-scope memory values
- Step into, over, and out of instructions
- Inspect the current threads and runtime stacks
- Jump to calling methods
- Change the values of in-scope memory and heap locations
GROPG provides a transparent layer or debug pane, which allows you to interact with debugger and debuggee on the same screen. You can move the debug pane by dragging its handle and adjust the pane’s transparency with its slider, to provide just enough visual contrast between debugger and the underlying debuggee user interface.
(*) On non-rooted devices, GROPG shows on its configuration tab instructions for how to use GROPG on a non-rooted device.
Please visit the following website for the GROPG source code and more
GROPG on Google+
from 20 reviews