Home Remote Control
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By InspiredAndroid
The app consists basically of two remote control types. The first one for Windows/Mac/Linux, called "Simple Remote Control" and the second for Linux only, called "Advanced Remote Control". Skip to the bottom for installation instructions.
Generel Remote Control features:
• list and download files from filesystem
• system monitor(CPU,RAM,DISK,BATTERY..)
• custom shortcuts
• sound control
• numpad/navigation shortcuts
• future tasks
Simple Remote Control features:
• login via QR Code scanner
Advanced Remote Control features:
• rename, delete and upload files on your filesystem
• linux command library
• ssh login
App core features:
• remote control widget
• wake on lan widget
• export/import remote controls via a file
• display cpu,memory,battery,bluetooth,network info of android device
For both remotes it is possible to add customised commands like "open music player and play 'some-weird-sounds.mp3'". Below are some examples of already predefined commands.
• control media player play/stop/prev/next
• control audio volume
• lock/unlock screen
• send keyboard input
• start software like "Spotify, XMBC, VLC, Chrome.."
--- Simple Remote Control for Linux/Windows/Mac ---
1. Download the server app, unzip and execute the "RemoteControlServer.jar".
2. Open Android app, go to -> "new device" -> "Simple Linux/Windows/Mac" -> "scan" and scan the QR code from the server on your computer.
--- Remote Control for Linux only ---
1. Install SSH Server if you havn't installed it already.
sudo apt-get install openssh-server
2. Open Android app, go to -> "new device" -> "Advanced Remote Control" and type in the requiered information.
3. For mouse and keyboard control you need to install xdotool.
sudo apt-get install xdotool
--- Wake On Lan ---
1. sudo apt-get install ethtool
2. sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol g
3. insert the following two lines into the autostart script(/etc/rc.local)
ethtool -s eth0 wol g
4. open /etc/init.d/halt and set NETDOWN=no
5. check and activate Wake On Lan and/or Wake on PCI(E) your mainboard bios
Private key login
> ssh-keygen -t rsa
To ensure safety enter a passphrase.
Then, paste the content of the public key ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub into the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys ﬁle on the remote host.
> cat id_rsa.pub >> .ssh/authorized_keys
Copy the private key ~/.ssh/id_rsa to your Android phone and load the ﬁle from the 'Add Device' screen.
Download PDF for more help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf1hfietniyuxee/UbuntuRemoteControl-Help.pdf
Tags: ubuntu remote control, remote control ubuntu using, ubuntu remote control add server, ubuntu remote, ubuntu remote control mouse, ubuntu shutdown remote, ubuntu halt netdown i, linux remote control, inspired ubuntu remote control, as a remote control for ubuntu.
• more info for 'Simple Remote Control' monitor
• system monitor for android device
• fixed a bunch of bugs