Home Security Motion Detection
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Simple yet free security system
- Different security levels
- Needs more features
My Guard turns your Android device into a powerful alarm system
Keep intruders away thanks to My Guard, an app that makes the most of your Android device built-in software and hardware to let you know when unwanted guests are trying to enter your house.
What My Guard basically does is making use of your back camera to detect movements through gates or rooms where no one should be moving. For instance, if you're taking a bath, you can let your Android device guarding your backyard gate in order to catch intruders trying to taking advantage of the situation.
When My Guard detects any movement, an alert sounds (dog barking, lion growl, emergency, etc.) and, depending on your personal settings, it sends photos of the intruder by e-mail, notifies friends or even activates flash towards the breach.
It's probably not the best security system but an acceptable one taking into account that My Guard is a free app. It should be enhanced in some regards like layout, sending options and even integration with other gadgets for alerting. However, the app is backed by a good idea.
Connected to your Google Account use your private cloud storage for cross device sync and stay on top of your house and love ones.
With Emails, SMSs, Google account, alarms & flash capabilities keep your home and your self safe during the night.
While alone, asleep, out or just with suspicion use your device to take photos and send them to you per motion detection, and use it to help monitor your close personal space.
Don't trust your babysitter and need a nanny cam or a baby monitor?
Want to keep tabs on your house while on vacation, pet monitor or spy cam?
Use the silent mode to get photos straight to you when ever a motion is detected just like a wireless camera \ ip camera \ ipcam
My Guard activated as a motion detector, but it not a replacement to a professional alarm system.
It just for entertainment use, any use is on the user responsibility.
Main features that you can choose to activated while detecting an intruder:
• Sound an alert or stay in stealth mode
• Send the photos by Email
• Get notified by SMS
• Flash towards the breach
1. Aim your phone camera at the possible breach. E.g. door, window, hallway etc.
2. Push start guarding.
3. Recommendations: Go to setting and fill out email & phone number for SMS. (Optional features)
1. You have reached home after a long day, and want to take a bath. Just leave your phone on the table towards the main window, My Guard will alarm if a burglar or theft appear, and alert your friend by SMS or email.
2. You want to go to the kitchen and grab something to eat but your cat always jumps on the table and from there to the TV. Don’t leave the cat alone, activate My Guard, point it to the table and see what happens.
3. While you are camping in the wild nature, to avoid an unpleasant situation with an animal (like bear or a snake). when you go to sleep in your tent, activate My Guard and point it towards the entry.
• Improved Guarding UI
• Added Battery conservation - dark screen mode
• Google drive account sign in support
• Easily store and view files
• Instant back up and cross device sync of images captured.
• Awesome image file monitoring
• Great Tablet and Google Wear support
• Multi language support
In previous versions:
• Improved user interface & settings
• Improved performance
• Better detection capabilities
• Better email setup
• Seamlessly sign-in to your Google Acount
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Nice app I like this,thanks
If this app had PC or other device controlling where you can enable or disable the motion detector directly from the PC or other devise would be better and more useful. Once the the phone is mounted in place its annoying how i would need to go to each phone and do changes to the settings eg: enable or disable. The app sends good and small size pictures. Thank you
But can't find the way to delete a file.
Seems like options might be more in everyday English/intuitive