The HoneyBadger Firewall uses IPTables to help you eliminate unwanted data usage, fight against malware, and even block adds!
Honeybadger Firewall provides the following features:
- Block/Allow specified applications
- Block/Allow specified IP addresses or domain names
- Block/Allow can be specified for WiFi or Cell network traffic
- Automatically generate rules to block known malicious sites from an online database. You can do this manually by pressing a button, or choose an automatic daily update.
- View log of all network traffic, including whether it was blocked or allowed.
- Export and Import rules from CSV file. This allows you to backup and restore rules or keep all your devices up to date with the same rules.
- Firewall can be enabled or disabled quickly and easily.
*If you have issues on the Apps Tab with the app not responding or locking up your device, check the "Disable Icons" option in the settings. This will significantly reduce the amount of work your device has to do on this tab.
***ROOT IS REQUIRED***
***Requires grep and wget for certain features. You can get these as a part of busybox, which can be installed by apps such as Busybox Installer.***
If you have questions/comments/suggestions, leave a comment here:
or submit it here:
You can view source code or contribute here: https://github.com/fjer/honeybadger
--Uninstall instructions: go to settings > Disable HB before uninstalling the application. Failure to do so may result in iptables rules being left active.
--This application is not guaranteed to be compatible with other firewall applications, particularly those using iptables.
--Honeybadger Firewall can help protect your device, but we make no guarantees as to the level of protection or safety of your device.
Tags: howto configure badger firewall , honeybader firewall , firewall , honey badger tool linux