IIM-A WiFi Setup
500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The app will automatically setup the access point for IIM-A WiFi network when the username and password is provided.
This automatic setup includes:
- setting up a new access point
- setting up the proxy for that access point
- making the changes to the access point settings which pertain to the IIM-A WiFI network settings
ONLY DEVICES WITH ANDROID VERSION 4.0.3 AND UPWARDS ARE SUPPORTED BY THIS APP!!!
Following is the list of devices we have tested this to be working on:
The open source app Wifi Advanced Configuration Editor (WifiACE) was used as as base and I have build on its capabilities to provide a solution specific to the network setting used in IIM-A. I would like to thank Marcus905, OddRain for providing the sources to the original app.
Source code of this app is available on git:
In case you already have WiFi working on you android device there is no need to install this app!
Before you begin, remove any saved access points.
Steps to Setup
1) Select the access point to setup
2) Enter the IIM-A username (without the @iimahd.ernet.in part)
3) Enter your WiFi password
4) Click on SAVE
1) If you do not remember your password, please contact CCC
2) If you are getting "Disconnected" prompt try disabling and then re-enabling WiFi
3) If the device is still not able to connect, recheck the password, delete the access point ("Forget Network") from the Wifi Setting menu, restart app and do the setup again
v1.4 - 20130917 - setting up new wifistudent access point
v1.3 - 20130701 - setting up new wifimobile access point
v1.2 - 20130413 - market release
v1.1 - 20121226 - updated checking for username/password fields, incorporated checking android OS version, fixed crash on exit on JellyBean devices
v1.0 - 20121127 - initial release