100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Usability and good-looking layout (HOLO)
- Proximity and sound sensors to auto-switch profiles
- Original app
- This is a one-month trial
IntelliRing is an app for automatizing sound profiles in your Android device
Changing sound profiles isn't hard to do. However, doing it manually makes us making some mistakes: it's easy to forget to enable silent mode in a meeting or hard to remember to disable it when we don't need it. This can makes us disturb somebody or miss calls. Likewise, it's sometimes annoying setting dozens of profiles for specific situations.
IntelliRing helps you to automatically set all of this up. It comes with 4 basic features that solve some real situations thanks to proximity and sound sensors.
1. When your phone is in your pocket (or bag): it will ring loud & vibrate, as you pull your phone out, the volume will decrease.
2. When you are at a meeting: face your phone down on the table. It will play a short and discrete beep instead of your ringtone.
3. When your phone isn't silenced in your pocket or at a meeting, it will measure the ambient noise when incoming calls arrive and adjust ringtone volume accordingly. You need to calibrate your ringtone to use this feature.
4. When you're entering some place for a given time (e.g. cinema or theatre). With just a simple circular slide you can silence your phone the time you need. When times up, it will go back to regular mode.
Likewise, all these features works also with notifications sounds for SMS, Gtalk, e-mails, etc.
IntelliRing is set in a good-looking Holo layout. It's evident that developers have focused on design and usability. When these factors meet a great app idea, the result is a "must-have" tag.
IntelliRing makes your phone smarter by:
1. Ringing loud when your phone is in your pocket, a bag, or cover. Then, as you pull your phone out, the volume is lowered.
2. Ringing just a bit louder than the ambient noise when not in your pocket (no more embarrassing loud ringtones in your quiet office).
3. Beeping subtly, when your phone is flat on your desk, face down (meeting mode).
4. Silencing your phone for an interval you set - useful e.g. when you go see a movie.
5. All of the above can be enabled for audible notification sounds as well (e.g. SMS, email, etc.).
6. Mute an incoming call by placing your phone face down (soft reject - the phone call is not rejected, just stops ringing).
Everything happens automatically right after an incoming phone call (or new notification) is detected. The ringer volume level is auto-adjusted based on determined environment (all relevant available device sensors are used - including microphone for ambient noise detection). Additional transitions occur while the phone is ringing and changes to the environment are detected (quieter once pulled out of pocket, vibrator stopped when uncovered, etc).
Permissions explained: https://plus.google.com/u/0/108236931163619803631/posts/4iBQehZYzh4
Low battery usage explained:
We can't respond to comments in the Google Play store, so if you have an issue, please send us email to email@example.com and we will do everything we can to resolve your issue.
NOTE: this is a 30-day trial version to convince you of the functionality and the care & effort that went into creating it.
Minor calibration issue resolved
1. S4 calibration
2. added audio filters to improve ambient noise level measurement
Calibrated on my rooted Kitkat GS3 without a hitch. Haven't really had much opportunity to try it out or judge battery use. Will post later on performance/battery issues, if any.
Would like to have the option for different colors.
Beep mode sometimes it works sometimes doesn't. Please check. Rest everything is ok.
Very nice app. I have an extended battery on my S3. It rarely runs out. Installed this app, only used the phone moderately during the day and the battery died. Shame because it is a good app. No calibration issue for me. Would like to be able to set it
I have just started using this app. So far it is awesome. I will keep you updated. I'm on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
App will not calibrate, keeps showing an error message. The beep will then continue even when trying again. Actually, it emits two beeps. I uninstalled after about 1 minute. Boooo!
Great app to automate my ringing volume accordingly.