WiFi File Transfer - IPMsg
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By coderplus
Tutorial - http://coderplus.com/2012/12/ipmsg-for-android/
• Send or receive multiple files/folders to other IP Message Devices on the same WiFi network
• Encrypted Messages(For Gingerbread and Up)
• Detects other IP Message devices on your Wifi Network(Donut and up)
• Supports any kind of Local network including tethered ones.
• Runs as a background service
• Shows File transfer progress in the Notification bar.
• Can transfer files between phones at higher speeds than any BlueTooth transfer.(You just have to create an AdHoc Network on one phone and connect to it from the other)
• In order to use this app, your phone and other IP Message devices(Phones,Computers or tablets) need to be on the same local area (or wlan) network.
• IPMSG uses port 2425 for TCP and UDP Communication. If this port is already in use by some other application, then IPMSG would fail.
• Make sure that you have read the IPMSG tutorial(http://coderplus.com/2012/12/ipmsg-for-android/) before you report any issues.
If you get Save Failed error, check if the sender's Firewall is blocking the TCP connection.
Please use the contact link to report any bugs or make feature requests.
This is a Free App without any ads or annoying messages. 5 Star ratings will be really appreciated :-)
If you would like to see IP Messenger in your language and if you are ready to help us translate, please do contact us.
Tags: ipmsg wifi file transfer, ipmsg, coderplus ipmsg, how to use ipmsg software, how to use ip msg in wifi, how to use ipmsg in, how to use ipmsg in wifi, ipmsg script code, how to exit ipmsg in, ipmsg tablet.
* Critical Update - Fixes for force closes
* Option to accept text sharing