1. Voice Recognition(note 1)
2. Suggestion from various search engines
3. Keyword history saving(note 2)
4. Can be triggered by sending/long pressing/copying/sharing/websearch the keyword you want from other apps
5. Provide different search engines(web, images, videos etc) and searching criteria(upload time, video duration, image size etc. see note 3), and can be saved as a profile for later use:
- Google(time, result)
- Youtube(upload time, sort by, result type, 3D, long)
- Google Image(size, color, type, time)
- Google Book(book type, time, view, sort by)
- Google finance
- Yahoo! finance
- Oxford Adv. Learner's Dict
- Urban Dictionary
- New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Rotten Tomatoes
- Yahoo! Video(video duration, upload time, video source)
- Baidu(百度) Video(duraton, upload time, source site)
- Baidu(百度) Image(size, format, type, colour)
- Sogou(搜狗) (time)
- Sogou(搜狗) Image
- Bing Video(Desktop mode: length, resolution, source)
- Bing Images(Desktop mode: size, color)
1. Internet access is required for advertisement and suggestions.
2. Locale/Language setting of your system is required for determining the best suggestion.
3. Apart from the information sent to searching engine, no other information will be uploaded or collected.
4. History can be deleted.
1. If you want to search for a word definition from various online dictionary, press "+" button to add a profile called "Dictionary", then click google in the list, uncheck the box, click "Wiktionary", check the box, press back button, click "Urban Dictionary", check the box, press back, enter the word and press the search button.
2. If you travel to PRC: press "+" button to add a profile called "PRC", press "Google", toggle "enabled" to false, press back button, press "Baidu(百度)", toggle "enabled" to true, press back button, press "Suggestion", click "Baidu(百度)"
1. For Voice Recognition, Google Voice service is required. Some systems do not have it installed by default. Keneric Searcher will search it in your app market if possible and you can install it at your own risk.
2. In the main screen, press menu button, select "Remove All History"
3. Some search options may not work for certain language/location, or may require your browser working in desktop mode.
ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Developed by: Eric Wong
Last updated: 1-12-2013
- You can trigger Keneric Searcher by sending/long pressing/copying/sharing/websearch the keyword you want from other apps(Tested browser: Dolphin, Firefox)
For Dolphin, highlight your keyword by long pressing, press the menu button at the right, select "web search" or "share", then press "Keneric Searcher"
- add Bloomberg, Urban Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Rotten Tomatoes support
- small UI modification