Keyboard from Android 2.3 +
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Great added features in the paid version (worthy)
- Support language packages
- Intuitive and good-looking keyboard
- Twin of the official Android 2.3 keyboard
- Dictionary suggestions could be improved
+ By Steven Lin
Keyboard from Android 2.3+ simulates the official Gingerbread Keyboard (Android 2.3)
This is the paid version of Keyboard from Android 2.3 ($1.99) that contains extra features: 6 themes, custom vibrator intensity, custom key, text size, smileys, cursor keys... and much more. Check developer's description out.
Probably you already have Android 2.2 or lower version and you would like to try Gingerbread Keyboard without upgrading (because you don't want o you can't) your Android version, don't you? Here you are.
The whole appearance of the Android keyboard has been changed (layout and style), and we have to say, improved. New features of Gingerbread keyboard are basically:
- Multitouch keyboard (make sure your device supports it)
- Built-in dictionary (it helps, but some people thinks it's a bit intrusive)
- Speech to text
- Split main keyboard app and dictionaries
The difference and improvements in comparison with the previous keyboards are evident. However, there are other non-official keyboards that overtakes by far this one. Anyway, if you fell in love with this keyboard, because you've tried it in your friend's newer device, go and get it. It's really worth.
Keyboard from Android 2.3+ has been developed by Steven Lin, an individual developer who has made this great replica of the official Gingerbread Keyboard. What's more, he has also launched a paid version and some languages packages that includes specific dictionaries.
# How to use this keyboard:
1. Enable it in the "Settings / Language & keyboard / Gingerbread Keyboard"
2. Find a text input (mail app or message app), long press the text view.
3. When the popup comes up, select "Input method" and choose gingerbread keyboard.
* How to install optional dictionaries: Go to "Gingerbread Keyboard Settings" / "Input languages", select (re-select) the language you want. You can also download the language pack from the Android Market also.
* Hold space key and swipe up / down to toggle cursor keys.
# This paid version is not a repack of stock gingerbread keyboard.
There are added features that I worked night and day. so stop leaving comments on Appbrain like you can get it free from XDA or other sources..
There is also a free version that I made which worked like the stock gingerbread keyboard with some issues fixed for Droid 2, HTC devices, and Galaxy S devices.
# For Galaxy S / Tab Users, Vibration (HapticFeedback) = "Vibrate on keypress" enabled and "Custom vibration intensity" set to "Normal" (In keyboard settings and advanced setting).
# For keyboard size and padding adjustment, please go to
"Gingerbread Keyboard Settings > Advanced Settings > Custom keyboard layout" to set your favorite keyboard metrics.
To adjust landscape keyboard metrics, just rotate your phone in landscape and set your custom value.
Remember to click save to apply new setting before you leave setting screen (or rotate your phone) and enjoy the new keyboard layout!
#For those who worried about collecting data warning.
The warning message is a part of the Android operating system that appears when any third party keyboard is enabled. so don’t worry about it!
Here is the video show you how to download and config:
Features (stock gingerbread keyboard):
1. Multitouch keyboard
2. User dictionary, built-in dictionary
3. Auto correction
4. Redesigned and optimized keyboard layout and style
5. Speech to text
1. 6 Keyboard themes
2. Custom vibrator intensity
3. Custom key height, text size, row gap, bottom adjustment.
4. Long press "Enter" key to bring up smiley alternatives.
5. Options to hide period and comma key.
6. Split main keyboard app and dictionaries.
7. Custom Keytap volume
8. Cursor Keys
Special thanks to Zorxd from XDA for fr-rCH language support!
Fix long press e, 3 may not be the first choice issue
Fix cursor key issue
* Optimize performance
* Add RTL language fix (CM7 users should not use this fix, disable it in advanced settings )
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Clicking by itself!!!
This keyboard is the best by far. I have used this app for a couple years. The paid version is more than worth the money.
Waiting for Filipino/Tagalog (Philippines) language pack. And also more themes. Otherwise great keyboard