Launcher 7 - Donate
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Replica of Windows Phone 7 layout
- Works great
- Add/remove widgets from the home screen
- Intrusive ads
- Not too many customizing options
+ By Timo Kujala
Launcher 7 is a launcher with the layout of Windows Phone 7
This is the ad-free paid version of Launcher 7 (€0.99).
If you like Windows Phone 7 appearance, you If you like Windows Phone 7appearance, you can change the layout of your Android to make it looking like it. A launcher is an app that basically changes the home screen, the dock and the app drawer appearance.
Launcher 7 includes original Windows Phone 7 backgrounds highly configurable as well as layout animations. You can set from the animated contacts tile to any other tile color (color, widgets, and so on). By default the widgets displayed on the home screen are: "phone" (call log), "messages", "internet", "Gmail", "Market", "Music" (with a stunning shortcut logo), "contacts" (phonebook) and "video". However, you can add/remove as many widgets as you want. If you scroll the screen to the right, you will find the "app drawer" in a list format (vertical scroll).
The main flaw we've noticed is the ads (a launcher shouldn't have ads, but a paid version with extra features). What's more, there aren't too many customizing ptions regarding screen transitions, icon effects, themes, and many other features that other launchers do included.
Launcher 7 has been developed by Timo Kujala, an emerging developer who has just released this launcher and its donate version. He's reaching remarkably success with it though.
Despite of the catches the launcher works pretty well. If you love Windows Phone 7 layout and you want to have it in your Android this is a good choice. But bear in mind that this is a limited launcher regarding customization.
G+ page https://plus.google.com/113192992285762862111
The Winphone 7 lookalike launcher, almost like the real thing and in some ways even better!
- 1x1, 2x1 and 1x2 tiles with configurable colors
- Widgets in a tile! (provided that widget fits)
- Almost real like tile animation
- Almost real like tile re-arrange mode
- Almost real like status bar
- Animated contacts tile (supports G+ synced contacts)
- Pinnable contact-tile which animates like the real phone
- Folder tiles
- Webpage tiles
- Picture hub (use with care, it needs memory!!!!)
- Filterable application list
- Stock wp7-like colors and color selection
- Full tile bitmaps are no more! Normal tiles can now have background image which does the same thing - and you can now have both icon and background on a tile!
- Real view widget tiles may cause jerky scrolling, framework is performing garbage collection at most inconvenient time, there is currently no known cure.. I haven't yet given up hope finding one though
- PICTURE HUB NEEDS A LOT OF MEMORY! IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS, STOP USING THE TILE - THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE MEMORY FOOTPRINT SMALLER, OR INCREASE MEMORY ON YOUR DEVICE
- To add new application to main screen, long press on an application in application drawer and select "pin to home screen"
- Tiles can be made transparent by adjusting the alpha value from the horizontal bar on the color selector
- By default WP7 statusbar shows icons only if you touch it. You can adjust the functionality from statusbar options
- "Smaller tiles" will make 1x1 tile to 172x172 pixels in HDPI resolution. I managed to measure the tiles wrong when I started developing L7 and tiles have been too big ever since. 172x172 tiles seem to be faster too, so I suggest you to try them!
- folder of contacts tile
- revamp the application icon addition (allow text color selection etc)
- App integration (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- two-sided tiles
- cropping tool to make custom bitmap selection easier
- separate widget screen added, L7 settings -> widget view access lets you define how to get to the screen
- mail tile has new "cube" option
- some tweaks for ICS added
- contacts tile now flips instead of fading
- .12.3: L7 is now launchable like ordinary application
- backup and restore updated, now it should work again
- backup format changed, old backups no longer work (but then again they didn't work anyway, so nothing is lost)
- search button can be removed (L7 settings->application drawer->hide search button)
- search view now displays wallpaper
- updating cache displays progress bar
- android style drawer now follows transparent icons setting
- credits-page now has Google+ button which takes you to a place where you can follow the L7 development
- search-button has been added to app drawer
- inconsistent spacing between app drawer icons fixed
- mail tile crash fixed
- calendar tile text can now be changed
- calendar tile will not start with transparent background when created
android.permission.READ_SMS - SMS tile
READ_CONTACTS - contacts tile
INTERNET - ads <3
GET_ACCOUNTS - calendar tile
READ_GMAIL - gmail tile (2.2+2.1)
READ_CALENDAR - calendar tile
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - backup/restore
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE - statusbar
READ_PHONE_STATE - statusbar
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - statusbar
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - statusbar
- Fix for Exchange tile not connecting to the server
- Added several random permission which apparently are needed for some devices (mostly Huawei phones)
Can you make this avaliable on the oldbnexus 7?
Exactly what I wanted, superb performance and stability
The launcher is great. Very customizable. My preferred interface now. Many Thanks Would like to have tiles auto added in both portrait and landscape mode at the same time. Just this week however also new apps installed are not showing up in app drawer? Is there a limit or some way to refresh the app drawer to show all apps? I don't have any filtered and suprised that I cannot find new apps that
But needs some kind of update you think
Best metro launcher in marcket. Still needs some polishing. Looks like a beta version. ability to choose different color for each tile. Rearranging of tiles. More animated tiles. Etc would make this even better.
My entire system crashed and I had to reinstall my rom. The problem was solved only with a full wipe. I want a refund. This is very dissapointing