1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Replica of Windows Phone 7 layout
- Works great
- Add/remove widgets from the home screen
- Intrusive ads
- Not too many customizing options
If you like Windows Phone 7appearance, you can change the layout of your Android to make it looking like it. A launcher is an app that basically changes the home screen, the dock and the app drawer appearance.
Launcher 7 includes original Windows Phone 7 backgrounds highly configurable as well as layout animations. You can set from the animated contacts tile to any other tile color (color, widgets, and so on). By default the widgets displayed on the home screen are: "phone" (call log), "messages", "internet", "Gmail", "Market", "Music" (with a stunning shortcut logo), "contacts" (phonebook) and "video". However, you can add/remove as many widgets as you want. If you scroll the screen to the right, you will find the "app drawer" in a list format (vertical scroll).
The main flaw we've noticed is the ads (a launcher shouldn't have ads, but a paid version with extra features). What's more, there aren't too many customizing ptions regarding screen transitions, icon effects, themes, and many other features that other launchers do included.
Launcher 7 has been developed by Timo Kujala, an emerging developer who has just released this launcher and its donate version. He's reaching remarkably success with it though.
Despite of the catches the launcher works pretty well. If you love Windows Phone 7 layout and you want to have it in your Android this is a good choice. But bear in mind that this is a limited launcher regarding customization.
This app was featured in one of our videoreviews. Watch it here.
G+ page https://plus.google.com/113192992285762862111
Unlike other current WP7 launchers (Windows Phone Android, Metro UI), this one allows you to properly modify your start screen. Just long press on a tile and drag tile where you want!
This version is free, but does have an ad in application list. Ad free donate version is available if you don't like the ad.
- 2 x 1 tiles
- Original Windows Phone 7 backgrounds!
- Freely configurable tile colors
- Launcher options are available from Application List (press menu in app list)
- Layout animations
- Animated contacts tile! (still work in progress)
- configurable animation parameters (soon)
- folders (in donate version now)
- clock tile of sorts
- more animated tiles
- facebook integration
Consider this as alpha quality at best. If it crashes, please email me or report the crash and we'll figure out a fix.
Recommended HDPI device, tested on Galaxy i9000.
MDPI devices should be now able to show things in correct scale, but performance and memory usage may very well be a problem in these devices.
- contacts tile now flips instead of fading
- .12.3: L7 is now launchable like ordinary application
- backup and restore updated, now it should work again
- backup format changed, old backups no longer work (but then again they didn't work anyway, so nothing is lost)
- search button can be removed (L7 settings->application drawer->hide search button)
- search view now displays wallpaper
- updating cache displays progress bar
- android style drawer now follows transparent icons setting
- removed one unused bitmap per application from icon cache (should slightly help with memory issues)
- removed one expensive graphics call from render loop (should give tiny bit more smoothness)
- app drawer icons now have background enabled, to disable it go to L7 settings -> Application drawer -> Transparent icons
- fixed crash when selecting application
- fixed issue where tile modify didn't change app icon
- if you do have problems, use the mail - logcat logs will guarantee an answer!
Dreaded Update Sunday is upon us all!
- built from donate version 1.1.8 codebase
- picture hub & flipping mail tile added
- smaller tiles for greater performance (and more authentic look)
- new fly animation (old one is gone, there won't be option to resurrect it, you might want to adjust anim speed to ~350ms)
- proper landscape mode (note: landscape has separate tiles from portrait mode)
- caching to improve startup speed
- better scaling to qHD and HD screens
- contact tile photo loading has been reworked
- possibly fixed crash in animated contacts tile
- juice defender should no longer cause hang while unlocking the phone
- fixed issue where unpinned tile space was not reclaimed correctly
- when adding new widget you can choose "real widget views", which will give greatly more interactive widget experience
- existing widgets are unchanged
- if launcher crashes it will now attempt to resign from being default launcher (just to make sure you won't end up with unbootable phone)
- out of memory errors now attempt to show message on screen before crashing. If that happens you must start reducing memory usage (use smaller bitmaps, less tiles etc.)
android.permission.READ_SMS - SMS tile
READ_CONTACTS - contacts tile
INTERNET - ads <3
GET_ACCOUNTS - calendar tile
READ_GMAIL - gmail tile (2.2+2.1)
READ_CALENDAR - calendar tile
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - backup/restore
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE - statusbar
READ_PHONE_STATE - statusbar
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - statusbar
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - statusbar
Recently changed in this version:
- separate widget screen added, L7 settings -> widget view access lets you define how to get to the screen
- mail tile has new "cube" option
- some tweaks for ICS added
Last activity on Launcher 7
- kopralerwan Downloaded 1d ago
- kannana Downloaded 1d ago
- Jayanta Mazumder Downloaded 3d ago
- karolakanita05 Downloaded May 12, 2013
- jaivyn Downloaded May 11, 2013
- hariluke Downloaded May 7, 2013
- oussamafaiz0 Downloaded May 6, 2013
- kaziol Downloaded May 5, 2013
- jomkos Downloaded May 5, 2013
Lists with: Launcher 7
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for Launcher 7
I love it ..
Coming from wp to android. The app is super slow when opening apps on HTC one.
I love ds1