100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Highly customizable
- Different widget sizes
- Cool layout
- Not indispensable
+ By DroidAhead
Launch-X is a widget generator for icons that make the most of your screen free space
Do you like fast access to all your apps? If you give important to that, you'll probably are running out space for icons in your Android's homescreen. There's a way to solve it: Launch-X, a highly configurable widget generator.
Why "generator"? Because it allows you to select the widget size, the items you want to add, the opacity and other appearance options. Thus, you can add contacts, shortcuts or apps. They will be displayed on a box which can be scrollable, swipable or divided by tabs. What's more, there are different widget size depending on your needs: 2x1, 2x2, 2x3, 3x1, 3x2, 4x1, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4... as well as size for tablets. Merging widget size and scrolling options, you can add a great amount of widgets to your homescreen, more than you can even imagine.
The free version of Launch-X has some restrictions regarding number of screens (2), number of rows (3), number of icons in each row (5), widget opacity and number of items. If you like this widget you can upgrade to the Pro version to remove all this restrictions.
Launch-X is highly customizable app for generating widgets. The only catch is for specific people: icons junkies. Most of the people just use a few of daily apps and they have enough space for that amount of icons.
Launch-X has been developed by YuviDroid, an emerging developer who has launched other apps on the market like Digiwatch Widget and NetSMS.
Create powerful widgets for your homescreen with Launch-X! *NEW*: STACK and SCROLLABLE widgets!
** NEW ** Check out our latest icons packs for Launch-X, ADW Launcher, Go Launcher and LauncherPro:
- Neon Blue Icons Pack
- Neon Blue+ Icons Pack
- Paper Icons Pack
- Neon Purple Icons Pack
- Neon Green Icons Pack
The FREE version has some limitations (see at the bottom for more details).
* Fully optimized for Honeycomb/ICS tablets (Android 3.0/3.1/3.2/4.x) - such as Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Acer Iconia A100/A500, Lenovo ThinkPad, ..
* Compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) - Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Launch-X features various customizable configurations to allow very quick access to your favorite applications, contacts or generic shortcuts.
With Launch-X you can maximize the usage of your homescreen space. In fact, instead of having the '4 icons on each row' limitation of the stock Launchers, you can put much, much more in the same space!
There are several configurations options available in Launch-X that let you build a widget that best suits your needs.
Create widgets with multiple screens that contains over 40, 50, 100, or more shortcuts! You can even create scrollable widgets in which you can basically put an unlimited number of items!
Or, if you prefer not to use the multi-screens feature, you can instead keep a more clean single screen with up to 28 items (4 rows, with 7 icons each).
* NEW: Icons packs support - use the tons of icons packs / themes already available for ADW Launcher (EX), LauncherPro and GO Launcher (EX) with Launch-X.
* NEW: Custom icons - you can set a custom icon for each item in your Launch-X widget. It can be an icons pack icon, gallery picture or an icon from other apps that support 'pick icon' (e.g. DroidIcon).
* Unlimited widgets: you can create and configure as many Launch-X widgets as you need.
* Widget sizes: you can choose among several widget sizes (2x1, 4x1, 4x2, ...)
* Scrollable widgets
* Stack widgets: since Android 3.0 you can create stack widgets, in which you can swipe up/down to scroll through screens.
* Items types: the items that can be added to Launch-X are applications, contacts or generic shortcuts. A shortcut for a contact can start a call, send a message/sms or open the contact itself.
* Items order: You can easily sort your items as you want, with simple drag-and-drop.
* Icon size: the available sizes for the icons are "Small", "Medium", "Large" and "X-Large".
* Number of icons: each row can have from 1 up to 7 icons.
* Number of rows: each widget can have from 1 up to 4 rows.
* Screen selection method: you can choose to use the arrows buttons to navigate through screens, or the direct buttons (which allow quicker access to the desired screen). You can also select 'None' to have a single screen with more available space.
* Show/hide items names
* Background/buttons transparency: select your preferred background and buttons transparency.
* Backup/restore: backup your widgets to the SD card and restore them when needed.
For more info visit: http://www.droidahead.com
Facebook page: http://www.droidahead.com/facebook
Launch-X Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvpczWPQ6M
* Limitations of the FREE version:
- Number of icons in each row: Launch-X Pro allows to have up to 7 icons in each row. The free version up to 5.
- Number of rows: Launch-X Pro allows to have up to 4 rows in each screen. The free vers. is limited to 3.
- Number of screens: In Launch-X Pro you can have up to 7 screens. Launch-X Free is limited to 2.
- Background opacity: In Launch-X Pro you can hide the widget background by setting the opacity to 0%. The free version has a minimum opacity of 60%.
- Number of items: Launch-X FREE is limited to 35 items per widget.
* Fixed the 'big icons' issue that appeared on some devices (sorry for that!).
* Fixed widget stuck issues for ICS and JB.
* Improved performance on newer devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S3) and fixed various bugs.
* Over-Scroll Mode
Scrollable Widgets can enable/disable over-scroll.
* New Widget Backgrounds
* GO Launcher Themes
Improved support for Go Launcher Themes / Icons Packs.
* Icons Packs support
* Custom icons support
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
last uploaded 2012, but this app could do what folder organizer just did. icon packs, individual icon change, contacts and action shortcuts, different widgets and can even be used as a scrollable vertical side dock...
Im not sure if its a limitation of the free version, but I cant change my icons to "goolors square" icon pack. I can select the pack but the icons remian default. I would buy the pro version if icon packs worked with it.
No longer works
I'm best in the world
LIKe it and just want to try