10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Highly customizable
- Different widget sizes
- Cool layout
- Not indispensable
Do you like fast access to all your apps? If you give important to that, you'll probably are running out space for icons in your Android's homescreen. There's a way to solve it: Launch-X, a highly configurable widget generator.
Why "generator"? Because it allows you to select the widget size, the items you want to add, the opacity and other appearance options. Thus, you can add contacts, shortcuts or apps. They will be displayed on a box which can be scrollable, swipable or divided by tabs. What's more, there are different widget size depending on your needs: 2x1, 2x2, 2x3, 3x1, 3x2, 4x1, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4... as well as size for tablets. Merging widget size and scrolling options, you can add a great amount of widgets to your homescreen, more than you can even imagine.
The PRO version of Launch-X removes the restrictions of the free version: regarding number of screens (up to 7), number of rows (4), number of icons in each row (7), widget opacity and number of items. If you like this widget you can upgrade to the Pro version to remove all this restrictions.
Launch-X is highly customizable app for generating widgets. The only catch is for specific people: icons junkies. Most of the people just use a few of daily apps and they have enough space for that amount of icons.
Launch-X has been developed by YuviDroid, an emerging developer who has launched other apps on the market like Digiwatch Widget and NetSMS.
Create powerful widgets for your homescreen with Launch-X! *NEW*: STACK and SCROLLABLE widgets!
** NEW ** Check out our latest icons packs for Launch-X, ADW Launcher, Go Launcher and LauncherPro:
- Neon Blue Icons Pack
- Neon Blue+ Icons Pack
- Paper Icons Pack
- Neon Purple Icons Pack
- Neon Green Icons Pack
* Now fully optimized for Honeycomb tablets (Android 3.0/3.1/3.2) - such as Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Acer Iconia A100/A500, Lenovo ThinkPad, Sony S1, Toshiba AT100, Archo G9, Huawei MediaPad, ..
* Now also compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) - Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Launch-X features various customizable configurations to allow very quick access to your favorite applications, contacts or generic shortcuts.
With Launch-X you can maximize the usage of your homescreen space. In fact, instead of having the '4 icons on each row' limitation of the stock Launchers, you can put much, much more in the same space!
There are several configurations options available in Launch-X that let you build a widget that best suits your needs.
Create widgets with multiple screens that contains over 40, 50, 100, or more shortcuts! You can even create scrollable widgets in which you can basically put an unlimited number of items!
Or, if you prefer not to use the multi-screens feature, you can instead keep a more clean single screen with up to 28 items (4 rows, with 7 icons each).
* NEW: Icons packs support - use the tons of icons packs / themes already available for ADW Launcher (EX), LauncherPro and GO Launcher (EX) with Launch-X.
* NEW: Custom icons - you can set a custom icon for each item in your Launch-X widget. It can be an icons pack icon, gallery picture or an icon from other apps that support 'pick icon' (e.g. DroidIcon).
* Unlimited widgets: you can create and configure as many Launch-X widgets as you need.
* Widget sizes: you can choose between 2x1, 2x2, 2x3, 3x1, 3x2, 4x1, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4, 5x1 (for Tablets), 5x2 (for Tablets) and 5x3 (for Tablets).
* Scrollable widgets: you can create a scrollable widget, which allows you to have an unlimited number of items in it.
* Stack widgets: since Android 3.0 you can create stack widgets, in which you can swipe up and down to scroll through the Launch-X screens.
* Items types: the items that can be added to Launch-X are applications, contacts or generic shortcuts. A shortcut for a contact can start a call, send a message/sms or open the contact itself.
* Items order: You can easily sort your items as you want, with simple drag-and-drop.
* Icon size: the available sizes for the shortcut icons are "Small", "Medium", "Large" and "X-Large".
* Number of icons: each row can have from 1 up to 7 icons.
* Number of rows: each widget can have from 1 up to 4 rows.
* Screen selection method: you can choose to use the arrows buttons to navigate through screens, or the direct buttons (which allow quicker access to the desired screen). You can also select 'None' to have a single screen with more available space.
* Show/hide items names: the shortcuts/items names can be shown or hidden.
* Background/buttons transparency: select your preferred background and buttons transparency.
* Backup/restore: backup your widgets to the SD card and restore them when needed.
For more info & tutorial visit: http://www.droidahead.com
Facebook page: http://www.droidahead.com/facebook
Launch-X Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvpczWPQ6M
Recently changed in this version:
* Fixed the 'big icons' issue that appeared on some devices (sorry for that!).
* Fixed widget stuck issues for ICS and JB.
* Improved performance on newer devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S3) and fixed various bugs.
* Over-Scroll Mode
Scrollable Widgets can enable/disable over-scroll.
* New Widget Backgrounds
* GO Launcher Themes
Improved support for Go Launcher Themes / Icons Packs.
* Icons Packs support
* Custom icons support
Last activity on Launch-X Pro
Lists with: Launch-X Pro
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for Launch-X Pro
Says it works with Apex/ADW/Go themes, I have 2 purchased themes and the icons will not change? Think the app could use an update. No response from support after 2 emails to them, guess with no updates and no support I will move on.
Don't like it ..want money back.
This app is the first which I install on my phone if I have a new one! Awesome app thumbs up!!!
With Nova and Apex being very popular launchers can u please make it so I can use icon packs with those two launchers and your widget???
Love this widget, just need some improvement on text label.
I've used this on my last 3 or 4 phones and the only issue I've ever had was an icon size problem after an update, which I reported, and the dev released a fix for in less than 24 hours.