10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
1. Cycle cell radio in order to connect to the best possible signal in your area (1x1 widget available). Aka, reset data connection
2. Automatically cycle cell radio whenever not connected to LTE
3. Hunt for LTE signals in emerging markets. Aka, alerts for LTE and 800 Mhz
4. Find location of cell towers, including in-app map (Sprint)
5. Collect data/stats for LTE locations
6. Turn off/on your cell radio by double-clicking the Start button ;)
Data speeds are unbearably slow whenever not connected to LTE. This app was made for users to find and always stay connected to the fastest connection available.
Typically, LTE is most easily found when performing an airplane toggle off/on. This process makes the phone search for all signal types in the area whereas the phone would normally only search for an LTE signal every thirty minutes.
We automate the process of cycling airplane mode off/on. When left running, this app will help you discover LTE in your market without ever looking at your phone! Your phone will search for LTE signals as you travel and (optionally) alert you when it finds a signal.
Features: (Not all are listed here)
1. Fully automated intelligent periodic search for LTE
2. Optional notifications for LTE found, LTE disconnected, and Sprint 800Mhz SMR detection
3. In-app Google maps for locating your position and connected tower's position (Sprint)
4. Multiple choices of widgets available (PRO in-app upgrade)
5. Many different settings for customizing your experience (PRO in-app upgrade)
6. Distinguishes Phantom LTE signals from usable LTE (Important!)
7. Comprehensive list of your device's build stats, and other advanced cell network stats
8. GPS log of discovered LTE signals, including date, time, BSID, NID, and SID
9. Works in the background and while the screen is off
10. Battery optimizations
11. Beautiful Android "Holo" theme designs (don't be content with non-Android designs on an Android device)
NOTE: This app was originally developed for Sprint users searching for LTE signals in emerging Sprint markets. Though, users with other carriers including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and others both GSM and CDMA can also greatly benefit from using this app. The only features not available for non-Sprint users is tower location and 800Mhz SMR detection. There are no other limitations for other CDMA and GSM carriers.
From user reports, Verizon sometimes provides tower location, but they are typically way off.
More Uses: Here are more reasons why people want to use LTE Discovery.
1. Reset signal, basically by automatically toggling airplane mode to reset the GSM or CDMA network signal. As far as I know, all versions of Android work, including Android 4.2+ (Jellybean and above)
2. By resetting network connection, you can fix many common network related issues like: continuous low signal, data disconnection, poor call quality, signal instability, and more. You could also fix these issues by restart/reboot your phone, or you could just let LTE Discovery reset your radios in a few seconds.
3. Find true signal strength without opening dialer (hidden menu) settings.
RATINGS: If you like this app, then please consider rating it 5 stars, or let us know how we can improve it.
SUPPORT: If you notice any problems with the app, please send use the "Send debug email" option in-app and provide us as much information as possible about the problem (including each of the steps to recreate the bug, what happened, and what should have happened). mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Android:%20LTE%20Discovery
DISCLAIMER: We take no responsibility for accidents or injuries that may occur while using this app. Please use it only when it is safe to do so.
To see list of permissions and reasons: http://simplyadvanced.net/app/signaldiscovery/permissions/
Tags: discovery lte, lte discovery.
1. Battery optimizations
2. Added fine-grained controls for GPS (Pro)
3. Many bug fixes
v3.0: Complete revamp!
1. Added "Cycle Only Once" Mode
2. Added help prompt to each cycling mode
3. Added highly requested signal strength, maps, and more stats
4. Added multiple widgets (Pro)
5. Added more settings and alerts (Pro)
NV Tools Package upgrade available as an in-app purchase via the menu
Includes addition mode "Cycle only when not connected to LTE", widgets (more details in app)