10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By TechHead
Normally you use a compass to take the bearings, but nowadays's gadgets, just like your mobile phone can also be used for this purpose as it contains a magnetometer. This utility allows you to take as many bearing as you wish by sighting the coastal feature with the built-in camera and taking a picture of it. Along with the picture the magnetic bearing and the time stamp is saved for later reference when you are doing your chart-work.
• List of bearings with time stamp and picture
• Continuous camera view for coastal feature identification
• Continuous read-out of magnetic bearing, roll and pitch for correct camera handling
• Automatic zoom-in for better coastal feature identification
• Calibration, in case of local magnetic interference
Tags: get magnetic bearing, magnetic bearings class 1 div 1.