Remember to rate!
For Magic: The Gathering players, calculate the number of basic lands of each type needed to efficiently play the other cards in your deck.
1) Count the number of mana symbols in the casting cost of each nonland card in your deck and enter the amount in the appropriate row of the Number of Symbols column. Each row is color-coded for the mana symbol appropriate for it.
2) Count the number of nonland permanents which can repeatedly produce colored mana (non-self-sacrificing mana-producing artifacts, creatures, etc.) in your deck that produce mana of each color and enter that amount into the appropriate row for each color of the Permanent Nonland Mana Producing Cards column.
3) Count the number of nonland nonpermanent cards which produce colored mana a limited number of times (Dark Ritual, Lotus Petal, Sphere of the Suns, etc.) in your deck that produce mana of each color and enter that amount into the appropriate row for each color of the Temporary Nonland Mana Producing Cards.
4) Enter the number of nonland cards in your deck in the Number of Cards in Deck Without Lands textbox.
5) Press the Calculate button. The pop-up dialog will tell you the suggested amount of basic lands of each type for your deck. If the total number of cards in your deck including lands is less than the minimum requirement then add more nonland cards and recalculate the number of suggested lands until the minimum requirement is met.
Tags: mana math , mtg land suggester , manaath , mtg mana formula , mtg mana suggester , mtg lands per deck equation , mtg land count formula , magic mana rat , mtg gathering mana suggester