This is an Android NFC-App for reading, writing, analyzing, etc. Mifare Classic RFID-Tags.
This tool provides several features to interact with (and only with) Mifare Classic RFID-Tags.
It is designed for users who have at least basic familiarity with the Mifare Classic technology.
┏━┫ PLEASE READ ┣━
┃Please read the whole page and make sure you got everything right before rating. Thank you!
┃If you rate with less then 4 stars, please leave a comment why. This way I can improve this app.
┃If you like MCT please consider to buy the donate version.
┃The Mifare Classic support for HTC One M8/M7 is broken since Android 5.0+. MCT has a
┃workaround that hopefully will work for most users. The real issue has to be fixed by HTC.
• Read Mifare Classic tags
• Save and edit the tag data you read
• Write to Mifare Classic tags (block-wise)
• Clone Mifare Classic tags
(Write dump of a tag to another tag; write 'dump-wise')
• Key management based on dictionary-attack
(Write the keys you know in a file (dictionary).
MCT will try to authenticate with these
keys against all sectors and read as much as possible.)
• Format a tag back to the factory/delivery state
• Write the manufacturer block of special Mifare Classic tags
• Create, edit and save key files (dictionaries)
• Decode & Encode Mifare Classic Value Blocks
• Decode & Encode Mifare Classic Access Conditions
• Compare dumps (Diff Tool)
• Display generic tag information
• Display the tag data as highlighted hex
• Display the tag data as 7-Bit US-ASCII
• Display the Mifare Classic Access Conditions as a table
• Display Mifare Classic Value Blocks as integer
• In-App (offline) help and information
• It's open source (GPLv3) ;)
Some important things are:
• The features this tool provides are very basic. There are no such
fancy things like saving a URL to an RFID-Tag with a nice looking
graphical user interface. If you want so save things on a tag,
you have to input the raw hexadecimal data.
• This App can NOT crack/hack
any Mifare Classic keys. If you want to read/write an RFID-Tag, you
need keys for this specific tag first. For additional information
please read/see Getting Started from the links section.
• There will be no "brute-force" attack
capability in this application. It is way too slow due
to the protocol.
• The first block of the first sector of an original
Mifare Classic tag is read-only i.e. not writable. But there
are special Mifare Classic tags that support writing to the
manufacturer block with a simple write command. This App is able to
write to such tags and can therefore create fully correct clones.
However, some special tags require a special command sequence
to put them into the state where writing to the manufacturer block is possible.
These tags will not work.
Remember this when you are shopping for special tags!
• This app will NOT work on some devices because
their hardware (NFC-controller) does not support Mifare Classic
( https://github.com/ikarus23/MifareClassicTool/issues/1 ).
You can find a list of unsupported devices here:
• Project Page on github:
• MifareClassicTool on F-Droid:
• Getting started & other help:
• Bug tracker:
IF YOU ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT IT HERE
• Additional stuff:
• Thread at the Proxmark3 Forum:
MIFARE is a registered trademark of NXP Semiconductors.
Tags: mifare classic 1k hack , mct an , mifare 4k , mifare hack , mct do nexus 4 , ikarus mifare , mifare classic 4k hack , mifare classic write