This tool provides several features to interact with (and only with) Mifare Classic RFID-Tags.
It is designed for users who have at least basic familiarity with the Mifare Classic technology.
Please read the whole page and make sure you got everything right before rating. Thank you!
If you rate with less then 4 stars, please leave a comment why. This way I can improve this app.
• Read Mifare Classic tags
• Save and edit the tag data you read
• Write to Mifare Classic tags (block-wise)
• Clone Mifare Classic tags
(Write dump of a tag to another tag; write 'dump-wise')
• Key management based on dictionary-attack
(Write the keys you know in a file (dictionary).
MCT will try to authenticate with these
keys against all sectors and read as much as possible.)
• Format a tag back to the factory/delivery state
• Write the manufacturer block of special Mifare Classic tags
• Create, edit and save key files (dictionaries)
• Decode & Encode Mifare Classic Value Blocks
• Decode & Encode Mifare Classic Access Conditions
• Display generic tag information
• Display the tag data as highlighted hex
• Display the tag data as 7-Bit US-ASCII
• Display the Mifare Classic Access Conditions as a table
• Display Mifare Classic Value Blocks as integer
• In-App (offline) help and information
• It's open source (GPLv3) ;)
Some important things are:
• The features this tool provides are very basic. There are no such
fancy things like saving a URL to an RFID-Tag with a nice looking
graphical user interface. If you want so save things on a tag,
you have to input the raw hexadecimal data.
• This App can NOT crack/hack
any Mifare Classic keys. If you want to read/write an RFID-Tag, you
need keys for this specific tag first. For additional information
please read/see Getting Started from the links section.
• There will be no "brute-force" attack
capability in this application. It is way too slow due
to the protocol.
• This app will NOT work on the following devices because
their hardware (NFC-controller) does not support Mifare Classic
( https://github.com/ikarus23/MifareClassicTool/issues/1 ).
This list may be incomplete.
- Google Nexus 4
- Google Nexus 5
- Google Nexus 7 (2013)
- Google Nexus 10
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 3
- Samsung Galaxy Express 2
- Samsung Galaxy Mega
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- LG G2
- LG Optimus L7 II
- Motorola Moto X
• Project Page on github:
• MifareClassicTool on F-Droid:
• Getting started & other help:
• Bug tracker:
IF YOU ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT IT HERE
• Additional stuff:
• Thread at the Proxmark3 Forum:
For further information about Mifare Classic check:
• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIFARE (Wikipedia)
• https://www.google.com/search?q=mifare+classic (Google Search)
• http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/MF1S50YYX.pdf (Mifare Classic (1k) Datasheet)
MIFARE is a registered trademark of NXP Semiconductors.
Tags: mifare classic 1k hack, mct an, ikarus mifare, mifare 4k, mifare classic 4k hack, mifare hack, mct do nexus 4, mifare pdf, mct ikarus.
• Last used key files will be remembered.
(This behaviour can be switched off in the preference dialog.)
• Some minor bug fixes.
• New Feature: Display the date of manufacture.
• Added preference system.
• Added a preference for auto reconnection if tag gets lost during the
key mapping process. (Maybe useful if you encounter issues during
this phase. Thanks to xtay004.)
• Added a "about" dialog (including useful links).