Please don't use reviews to report bugs. Instead, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
So, you have an external keyboard, but it only supports one language?
Or maybe it has "dead" keys?
Or perhaps you have a gamepad, but it doesn't work in emulators, like Nesoid?
Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner may be able to help you.
1) Type in over 10 languages on your external keyboard(switching with Ctrl+Space)
2) Remap keys on external devices(even if there are multiple identical devices). Supports USB and Bluetooth devices(and maybe others).
3) Remap any "dead" keys
4) Use a duplicate of the standard Android on-screen keyboard(LatinIME)
5) Call apps in one click
1) Download program
2) Go to "Settings->Language and Input" and check Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner
3) Set Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner as your default keyboard
To enable typing in additional languages(not just the system's language):
1) Go to Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner settings(in "Settings->Language and Input")
2) Go to "Input Languages"
3) Uncheck "Use system language", if it checked
4) Select your input languages as desired
- English(Standard language)
- Norwegian Bokmål
To switch between languages use Ctrl+Space.
On many keyboards there is a key between left Shift and english Z. This key is not supported.
1) Go to Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner application
2) Tap the "Add remapping" button and press a key on the device
3) In the resulting combobox, choose the simulated key to output
For Nesoid you may use keys from A to Z. Also, don't forget to go to Nesoid settings and check "Other settings->Use input method"
Changing printable characters in the supported languages
If you have a non-standard keyboard and keys are not typing correctly, you can change the language mappings manually.
In the "/sdcard/multilanguagekeymapredefiner/" directory you will find the language mapping files.
from_code - Unicode code for a key in the English keyboard layout
to_code - The symbol to output when that key is pressed
Changes will take effect after you reboot your device.
If you don't see any changes, then there is an error in the file and app will recover the file from memory.
A lot of people ask me why app have a permission to read user's contacts. This permission needed for autocompletion when you are using on screen keyboard.
Also app haven't any permission to send data via the internet, so please don't worry about your contacts.
Tags: nook hd hebrew keyboard, multilanguage keymap redifner.
New in 1.13:
Disable Software Keyboard option added
New in 1.14:
English description became much better! Many thanks to Mark Hubbart!
New in 1.15:
Added option to show system apps
Small fix for xml reading
New in 1.2:
Diacritical marks now fully supported
Added hotkeys for language switching and turning off/on remapping
New in 1.21-1.23: