My Backup Pro
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
Also in : Data Recovery
- Backup/restore data and apps (image)
- Specific root features
- Manager your backup
- Save backups to external SDcard or upload them to the cloud
- Shabby layout
- Sharing options could be improved
- Bit expensive
MyBackup allows you to backup you data and apps and restore them easy and fast
This is MyBackup Pro, the paid version ($4.99) of MyBackup. There aren't added features, but you will need to upgrade to this version after the 30-days trial if you want to continue using it.
Although when it was launched first, it was only for rooted devices, now both root and non-root are supported. However, rooted devices will have extra features. For example, they can backup/restore apk+data as well as market links. Same for data/setting of apps.
What you can basically do with MyBackup is precisely backup all your data (contacts, SMS log, call log, calendar, Home Screens, alarms...) and your apps (just the image, not the .apk in case you have non-root device). You can save them in your external SDcard or upload it to the cloud (Rerware server, so you will need to register previously). Restoring is as easy as launching MyBackup after wiping and load the file from the folder you saved it.
You can also manage apps from "Mytoolbox": freeze, unfreeze, wipe cache and wipe data from system and non-system apps. You can also schedule your Backups to keep your device always safe. Each backup can be modified from "Manage" tab (choose again the data or the apps you want to backup). Likewise, you can view your backups online at www.RerWare.com.
The main catch is that MyBackup layout is too sober, a bit shabby we would say. Anyway, it isn't the most important thing, but its performance, that it's quite good. Anyway, we're missing other options like sharing backups to other cloud-services.
MyBackup has been developed by RerWare, a developer focused on Android security apps.
Since MyBackup is supported by both root and non-root devices, it has been enhanced. It's a simple app regarding scenery, but it does what it says fast and properly.
Find out why over 5 million people have chosen MyBackup as their secure source for a Backup Solution.
- Backup and Restore using your local device or SD card
- Cloud backup to our online secure servers, or use your Dropbox account
- Migrate information directly between 2 devices
- Schedule multiple different backups to multiple locations
- Restore to an existing or new Android device
- View the backup in detail without having to restore
- All Android 1.6+ devices supported!
- Available in over 15 languages
- Super easy backup with advanced features and settings
- BETA: Trigger a backup to begin on your device remotely from our website
- Applications (Including Data if Rooted)
- Call log
- Text messages (SMS)
- Message attachments (MMS)
- Browser Bookmarks
- Home Screen Shortcuts and Wallpaper (Pre Android 4.4 KitKat)
- System Settings
- Calendar events
- Music Playlists
- APN settings
- And much more...
NEWS AND REVIEWS:
CNET TV recommends Android users to use MyBackup Pro to backup their personal data.
T-Mobile highlights MyBackup Pro in their quarterly magazine as "an application to have For the Security Minded."
TechHive (PCWorld) gives MyBackup Pro 4.5 stars and recommends Android users to use MyBackup Pro to backup and secure their phones.
Cloud Backup (RerWare Cloud or Dropbox) or local backups to your device/SD card.
Supporting the most content including your Applications, Photos, Music, Videos, Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, SMS (text messages), MMS (message attachments), Calendar, System Settings, Home Screens (including shortcut positions), Alarms, Dictionary, Music Playlists, APNs, and more...
Restore your backups on the same existing Android device, or a new one.
The migrate feature allows you to move any and all support content directly from one Device to another over WiFi.
View your data and application backups online, by logging into the Web Viewer at the RerWare website.
MyBackup Pro will work on all Android mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not.
Users who have a rooted phone: You can backup APK + Data/setting of applications
__ ROOT ONLY PHONE FEATURES BELOW __
MyBackup Pro now comes with all MyToolbox features for Free.
This application will allow Root users to select multiple applications and perform the following functions with batch operations:
- Freeze bloatware and system apps
- Defrost frozen applications
- Wipe Cache of applications
- Wipe Data of applications
- Uninstall applications
- Break the Link to Apps
- Link Apps
- Force Close applications
If you should have any questions or support needs, please do not hesitate to contact us using the support Email provided. We will get back to you as soon as we can. We appreciate your business.
- Login changed to use Email instead of PIN
- Cloud space for your account is now available and shared across all your devices
- Updated Dropbox API
- Some small bug fixes
- Android 5+ Lollipop support (including external SD card support).
- Enhanced Contact icon photo support.
- Fix for music playlist support.
- Remote backup updated.
- Misc bug fixes.
this sucks, it only back up my apps data and couldn't restore the apk
Used this for years. Verizon had no clue how to save or transfer my data. My tech guy told me bout MBP. Saved my world a few times for sure..... the new version does a good job bribing for 5 star feedback
Flawless with amazing customer service.
Makes changing phones easy
Flawless. Restored everything after a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy S5
Easy to use and not to expensive