1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Backup/restore data and apps (image)
- Specific root features
- Manager your backup
- Save backups to external SDcard or upload them to the cloud
- Shabby layout
- Sharing options could be improved
- Only 30-days trial
MyBackup allows you to backup you data and apps and restore them easy and fast
This is the free version of MyBackup. This means: it's a limited 30-days trial. After that you will need to upgrade to MyBackup Pro ($4.99).
Although when it was launched first, it was only for rooted devices, now both root and non-root are supported. However, rooted devices will have extra features. For example, they can backup/restore apk+data as well as market links. Same for data/setting of apps.
What you can basically do with MyBackup is precisely backup all your data (contacts, SMS log, call log, calendar, Home Screens, alarms...) and your apps (just the image, not the .apk in case you have non-root device). You can save them in your external SDcard or upload it to the cloud (Rerware server, so you will need to register previously). Restoring is as easy as launching MyBackup after wiping and load the file from the folder you saved it.
You can also manage apps from "Mytoolbox": freeze, unfreeze, wipe cache and wipe data from system and non-system apps. You can also schedule your Backups to keep your device always safe. Each backup can be modified from "Manage" tab (choose again the data or the apps you want to backup). Likewise, you can view your backups online at www.RerWare.com.
The main catch is that MyBackup layout is too sober, a bit shabby we would say. Anyway, it isn't the most important thing, but its performance, that it's quite good. Anyway, we're missing other options like sharing backups to other cloud-services.
MyBackup has been developed by RerWare, a developer focused on Android security apps.
Since MyBackup is supported by both root and non-root devices, it has been enhanced. It's a simple app regarding scenery, but it does what it says fast and properly.
Supporting the most content, and the most Android devices.
* Backup locally to your device or SD card
* Schedule multiple automatic backups
* Supporting THE MOST content including your Applications, Photos, Music, Videos, Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, SMS (text messages), MMS (message attachments), Calendar, System Settings, Dictionary, Music Playlists, APNs, Home Screens (Some devices), Alarms (Some devices), and more...
* Users with root access can backup APKs AND DATA!
* Backup and restore one device, to go across another device (data migration) you will need the Pro features
Unlocked Pro features include:
* Backup and Restore to any number of Android devices sharing the same account
* Cloud backup support to any of the following services: 1) Rerware Cloud, 2) Dropbox, 3) Google Drive.
* Direct backup to your computer over the Internet!
* Direct migration from one Android device to another over WiFi
* View your data and application backups online
* Users with Root access can:
- Freeze bloatware, system apps
- Defrost frozen applications
- Wipe Cache of applications
- Wipe Data of applications
- Uninstall applications
- Force Close applications
- And more...
MyBackup will work on all Android mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not.
Find out why over 4.5 million people trust MyBackup as their secure source for a Backup Solution.
NOTE: Data and setting of applications can only be supported if you have a rooted device, or if the application integrates with us.
NEWS AND REVIEWS:
CNET TV recommends Android users to use MyBackup Pro to backup their personal data.
T-Mobile highlights MyBackup Pro in their quarterly magazine as "an application to have For the Security Minded."
TechHive (PCWorld) gives MyBackup Pro 4.5 stars and recommends Android users to use MyBackup Pro to backup and secure their Android devices.
- Added ability to backup to your computer wirelessly
- Login changed to use Email instead of PIN
- Cloud space for your account is now available and shared across all your devices
- Updated Dropbox API
- Some small bug fixes
- Added Google Drive Cloud support.
- Enhanced tablet support.
- Warn on overwrite existing backup file.
- Misc. small fixes.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Hello my name is Mary.I love to be your friend after seeing your profile today in his lovely Site you can contact me through my private email (Marykiki50@yahoo.co.uk)than I will explain myself to you more including my pictures. Thanks
Ran a home screen back up and then factory reset my phone to find out the backup on my SD card does not exist! There goes all my GPS shortcuts. Thanks for that!
Backed up to my external card twice to be sure. Both times app said backup was successful. Wiped my phone, downloaded the app again, hit restore and no backups to be found, just empty folders with no backup data! So upset and frustrated! Stay away from this app!
Seems to work as advertised.