100 - 500 downloads
- Simple yet free security system
- Different security levels
- Needs more features
Keep intruders away thanks to My Guard, an app that makes the most of your Android device built-in software and hardware to let you know when unwanted guests are trying to enter your house.
What My Guard basically does is making use of your back camera to detect movements through gates or rooms where no one should be moving. For instance, if you're taking a bath, you can let your Android device guarding your backyard gate in order to catch intruders trying to taking advantage of the situation.
When My Guard detects any movement, an alert sounds (dog barking, lion growl, emergency, etc.) and, depending on your personal settings, it sends photos of the intruder by e-mail, notifies friends or even activates flash towards the breach.
It's probably not the best security system but an acceptable one taking into account that My Guard is a free app. It should be enhanced in some regards like layout, sending options and even integration with other gadgets for alerting. However, the app is backed by a good idea.
While you are alone, asleep or out, turn your phone into to a stand alone security system, and use it to monitor and protect.
My Guard turns your phone into a powerful alarm system that protects your personal compound from intruders, burglars and uninvited guests, who are trying to enter from a breach.
Main features that you can choose to activated while detecting an intruder:
• Sound an alert or stay in stealth mode
• Send the photos by Email
• Get notified by SMS
• Flash towards the breach
1. Aim your phone camera at the possible breach. E.g. door, window, hallway etc.
2. Push start guarding.
3. Recommendations: Go to setting and fill out email & phone number for SMS. (Optional features)
1. You have reached home after a long day, and want to take a bath. Just leave your phone on the table towards the main window, My Guard will alarm if a burglar or theft appear, and alert your friend by sms or email.
2. You want to go to the kitchen and grab something to eat but your cat always jumps on the table and from there to the TV. Don’t leave the cat alone, activate My Guard, point it to the table and see what happens.
3. While you are camping in the wild nature, to avoid an unpleasant situation with an animal (like bear or a snake). when you go to sleep in your tent, activate My Guard and point it towards the entry,
Recently changed in this version:
Minor graphic changes
Lists with: My Guard
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for My Guard
Finally a good night sleep...
Five star..."nuff" said.
exelent tool for watch my personal office