100,000 - 500,000 downloads
Also in : ParentsAdd this app to your lists
•Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
•Stream Media—find and play music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone/tablet
•Print from your iPad® or iPhone®--Windows or Mac genie makes any printer AirPrint® compatible
•Securely connect smartphones and tablets to your home wireless network with the scan of a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
****** IMPORTANT NOTES ******
Sept 2013: There is a bug in some NETGEAR routers causing Genie to fail to log into the router. WNDR3400v2, R6300v1, R6200v2, WNDR4000, WNDR4500, WNDR3700v3 new firmware are available now.
NETGEAR genie does not work when connected to the guest network of the router.
NETGEAR genie only works when connected to a NETGEAR router in router mode, not in access point mode.
NETGEAR genie does not work with wireless extender or repeater.
NETGEAR genie currently does not support IPv6, login would fail if IPv6 is enabled.
For any issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Android version supported: Android 2.2 or higher
General Information: Supported NETGEAR router list:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an Android device to play media files if the Android device is being used as a player. Different Android versions support different ranges of media formats. The following list is based on Android version 4.0 supported media formats:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, and PCM/WAVE.
• Supported video formats: H.263, H.264 AVC, MPEG-4 SP, and VP8.
• Supported photo formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, and WEBP.
For more information on supported media formats, see the Technical Specifications for your Android device.
Notes for My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be your own device, and other devices available in the network, such as PCs, TVs, stereos, or smartphones.
3) The Android NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
4) Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different player supports different kinds of media file formats.
5) If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. Make sure it is connected to the NETGEAR router by checking the Wi-Fi connection in Settings.
6) After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
7) When playing media files on your own Android device, tapping the screen brings up play progress and player control.
8) It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
Tags: netgear r6200 screenshots, netgear genie, wndr3700v3, netgear genie png, netgear genie media server, wndr3400v2 nexus 7, netguard, login to netgear genie app on phone, netgear wnr612v2 quest, netgear.
Change in 2.0.99:
1. Supports more routers.
1. Adds the option to allow users to manually enter the router’s IP address (note that some routers have a bug with fixed IP in AP mode that won’t allow Genie to log in, make sure the router in AP mode is getting dynamic IP from existing router.)
2. Adds Router Reboot
3. Adds WiFi Analytics
4. Improves Turbo Transfer
5. Displays the connected wireless network name, so user knows which network the device is connected to.
6. Various bug fixes