100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By NETGEAR Inc.
✽ ✽ ✽ IMPORTANT NOTES ✽ ✽ ✽
Android version supported: Android 2.2 or higher
General Information: To use the NETGEAR Genie App, the Android device must be connected to one of the supported NETGEAR routers listed as below:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an Android device to play media files if the Android device is being used as a player. Different Android versions support different ranges of media formats. The following list is based on Android version 4.0 supported media formats:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, and PCM/WAVE.
• Supported video formats: H.263, H.264 AVC, MPEG-4 SP, and VP8.
• Supported photo formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, and WEBP.
For more information on supported media formats, see the Technical Specifications for your Android device.
Please note when using My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be your own device, and other devices available in the network, such as PCs, TVs, stereos, or smartphones.
3) The Android NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
4) Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different player supports different kinds of media file formats. For more information, see the Technical Specifications for the player.
5) If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. Make sure it is connected to the NETGEAR router by checking the Wi-Fi connection in Settings.
6) After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
7) When playing media files on your own Android device, tapping the screen brings up play progress and player control.
8) It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
Tags: netgear genie png, netgear genie media server, wndr3700v3, wndr3400v2 nexus 7, netguard for android.
Recently changed in this version:
1) Multiple language support:
2) Supports more devices
2) Add parental control bypass account support