Disable your hardware search button long-press action.
If you do not have a search button mapped on your device, this application does nothing for you.
This overrides the search button long-press with a task that has minimal overhead.
Completely free with no ads.
1) Perform a long-press of the search button
2) In the 'Complete action using' dialog, check the 'Use by default for this action' checkbox, and select '! No Long-Press Search'
3) Your search long-press should now effectively do nothing.
Includes a long-press search manager.
In technical terms, this overrides the intent action for 'SEARCH_LONG_PRESS'. If this intent is not triggered when you perform a long-press of the search button, this application does nothing for you.
This application is useless on the following devices:
* Devices running Droid X stock firmware
* Devices running MyTouch4G stock firmware
* Other devices with 'Genius button'
* Other devices that do not broadcast the intent for 'SEARCH_LONG_PRESS'
* Devices without a search button
Used to clear default actions for Android 2.1 and below. Does nothing for Android 2.2 and up.
I had trouble getting this to work in the Android 3.x and 4.x emulators. The Android API documentation does not tell me that the intent would be disabled in those versions of Android, so I have elected to allow for these users to download this application even though it may be untested for their devices. Please report back to me if you find that it does not work on your device.
Tested for Android 1.6-2.3.
Voice search, long-press search
Tags: long press the search button , voicesearchlongpresssearchkey , search button does not work on droid x , nexus s disable long seach button , search button long press , long press search default , how to disable long press on hardwarware search button , long press voice search activity , no action on search button