Norton Security antivirus
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
Also in : Antivirus
- Comprehensive security management options
- Divided in four security categories
- Amount of options, high configurable
- Suscription price: $33
- Too sober layout
Norton Mobile Security LITE is a comprehensive security app for Android
Norton Mobile is trying to cope Android security from all its sides. This app is the proof of it. It tackles security from four basic points:
Anti-theft protection. Just in case you lose your phone or get robbed, you will be able to locate, wipe or lock remotely your phone.
Anti-malware. It basically notifies you when a virus or malware is detected (when you install first time an app or transfer a file to your phone). You also can scan your SDcard and schedule scannings.
Call & SMS blocking. It allows you to manager your contacts and set who you want to receive calls/sms from. You can block calls for a while or block numbers and text messages.
Web protection. It's basically and anti-phishing websites. A firewall to block spam or intrusive websites.
Given that the app is divided in this four security categories, it becomes really easy to use and understand. There are heaps of options in each category that give you the power to control even the details. What's more, the design is sober but good-looking, according to Norton corporate colors (black and yellow).
There's no paid version, but a suscription system. After trial you have to pay the suscription if you want it. Well, the price... are you ready? $33!!. We guess that as well as for you, for us this is too expensive, even if the app is as great as it is. You can see how is left to expire.
• Use SMS text to remotely lock your lost or stolen phone
• Scan and remove apps and updates that have the potential to harm or slow down your device
• Scan SD cards for threats
UPGRADE FOR APP PRIVACY SCANNING AND ADDITIONAL FEATURES (Premium, Annual Subscription)
The Premium version of Norton Mobile Security offers more protection from theft, malware, viruses, potential privacy risks, and mobile spam. Remotely lock and erase your stolen device if necessary, to ensure your private information stays that way. Back up your important contacts and easily restore them across your devices.
Upgrade to the premium version of Norton Mobile Security for $29.99 for a 1-year subscription:
• App scanning powered by NortonTM Mobile Insight, checks apps for malware, greyware, and helps protect against privacy risks such as exporting contacts, calendar, call logs etc.
• Find your lost phone or tablet on a map with remote locate
• Uses the built-in webcam to take a photo of anyone using your device once you list it lost or stolen (webcam-enabled devices only)
• Trigger a "scream" alarm to quickly find your missing device
• Send a customized message to anyone who finds your missing device
• Lock your stolen device remotely to prevent data theft
• Remotely wipe information from your device to protect your privacy
• Prevent fraudulent (phishing) websites from accessing your personal information
• Ability to instantly lock phone if the SIM card is removed
• Sync contacts and easily restore or share them across your devices
• Block unwanted calls and SMS text messages (phones only)
• Protect multiple Android phones and tablets
•Control security for all your devices through one website
* Scream Alarm feature not available in Germany
SUPPORT FORUM > NORTON MOBILE SECURITY
For feedback and suggestions, please visit the support forum: http://norton.com/nms_support
For a detailed list of features, please visit: https://MobileSecurity.Norton.com/
Hackers can steal your personal data and disrupt the operation of your phone. Install a mobile security app with anti-virus and malware protection to identify security exploits and malicious activity.
FINDING YOUR LOST OR STOLEN PHONE
Phone tracking apps can locate and track the movement of your device, remotely lock it, and provide additional security controls via web based management. Also known as phone trackers, phone locators, phone GPS or “find my phone” apps, these solutions are essential when it comes to mobile phone security.
TRUST NORTON BY SYMANTEC
Founded in 1982, Symantec has more than 20,500 employees in more than 50 countries. We are the global leader in providing security, storage, and systems management solutions. In an information-driven world, consumers, small businesses, and large global organizations rely on Symantec to secure and manage their data. Norton is our flagship brand for Antivirus, Malware, and Mobile Security Protection.
Symantec respects your privacy and promises to carefully safeguard your personal data. For more information: http://www.norton.com/mobile-privacy-policy
- Minor Code Enhancements
Does the job straight forward easy to work
Great piece of gear. Runs in the background and is unobtrusive. Keeps the bad things out of the platform. Really works well for me.
Always have room for improvement