Do you know how many apps and services have permission to access your private info? What about often those services access your data? Use My Permissions to find out and regain control of your privacy!
My Permissions is a free (for one service), powerful way to scan, track and control how applications access your personal information online. Know what apps you’ve connected to on Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram and more are accessing what data - and approve, remove or report them.
✔ Automatically scan your major online accounts to see what apps have access to your personal data
✔ Filter through your apps based on permission types
✔ Clear your apps' permissions in one click
✔ 24/7 Protection - get alerts when apps gain access to your private info, and confirm your authorization or revoke permissions immediately
✔ Stay worry-free knowing that My Permissions doesn't retain any of your personal data -- all of your information stays within your accounts!
***** WHAT IS MY PERMISSIONS? *****
- MyPermissions is a watchdog for your online accounts. We protect users from unknowingly sharing photos, documents, locations, contacts, emails, or any other sensitive information, and we give them their control back by making it easy for them to approve or revoke what apps access their data, and how.
- MyPermissions provides a full permission manager across all major online services, including:
• and more!
MSNBC: "finds and fixes all your privacy settings"
Mashable: "Have 2 Minutes? Check Out Who Has Access to Your Social Media Accounts"
USA Today: "See what programs and services can borrow your keys [...] and think carefully and skeptically to decide if they still deserve that privilege."
Wired: "Finding the permissions pages can be tricky, but the nice folks at My Permissions made a handy dashboard linking to every one"
***** HOW DOES IT WORK? *****
- MyPermissions let's you scan one service of your choice for free, for life. Should you want to protect yourself on more services, you can keep on using the application for free, by helping to protect your friends and inviting them to use it too! Should you not want to invite them, users are free to subscribe to our paid service.
- Select the accounts you'd like to scan. We'll take care of the rest by scanning your account for external connections and give you a report on what apps or webpages have permissions to do what kind of activities.
- Full permission manager allows you to control all permissions across all major online services
- Need to enter your credentials? No worries! We don't use, collect, or store ANY of your personal data (we promise!) -- we'll direct you to the account's home website and you'll enter your information into their server
Tags: online privacy shield, permissions privacy scanner review.
- Enhanced Facebook information protection:
- Protect your info from apps your Facebook friends use
- Protect your info from Facebook partner apps that can access your public information without your consent
- List of unused Facebook apps to help you keep your personal data more private
- Bug fixes