Baking with percentage based recipes has many benefits:
- Comparing recipes is simple (i.e. which are drier, saltier, sweeter, etc.)
- Helping identify bad recipes or predict their baked characteristics
- Easily alter or add ingredient percentages without changing the other ingredients' percentages
- Recipes using ingredients like eggs produce more consistent results when measured by mass (rather than count).
- Baking recipes can be accurately and easily scaled up or down by any amount
Take a look at this link (provided by the people at King Arthur Flour) to see an excellent example of how bakers percentages work in practice.
Currently Panadero can calculate a batch recipe from any of the following mass inputs:
- Total Recipe Mass
- Total Flour Mass
- Total Liquid Mass
- Single Ingredient Mass
- Volume to Percentage Recipe Converter
Pancake batter recipe mistakenly called for oil and butter. Removed the oil (if it still exists in your recipe).
Recipe notes feature added! Add, edit or emove recipe notes by opening a recipe, swiping to the notes tab and pressing the 'edit' action bar / menu item.
Fixed an issue where deleted recipes weren't disappearing from the recipe selection list.
Introduced support for devices running android 2.3 and above.