1,000 - 5,000 downloads
- Great tool
- It works properly with the range of available route
- We're missing more available routers
Penetrate calcultes WEP/WPA keys for some wireless routers and allows you to unlock them
The most of the times you scan the Wi-Fi networks available around, they're protected with key. Penetrate is an app that help you out with that. If the routers of that Wi-Fi networks are encrypted with WEP/WPA it will bring you the keys to access them. This seems a sort of cracking, but the developers says it isn't, because it's supposed to get the keys for penetration testing and you should use it only with permission from network owners. Well, apart from those regardings, it does what it says. Check the developer description to know which routers are supported.
Take in account that if you have an antivirus installed in your device, it will warn you about this app. The developer says it's normal because it's a security-related tool. Penetrate isn't a danger for your phone.
This is the paid version (€1.99) that contains no ads, some more features and sponsors further development. What's more, it allows you to use 3G to get the password instead of using dictionaries that you will have to download in the free version.
Penetrate works properly with the range of routers supported. We're missing more though. Despite the apparent use for which it was developed this application, we all know the "regular" use. And if you're looking for it, give it a chance. It's a great app.
Try the free version first, if you enjoy it, consider buying this one.
- No ads
- 3G lookup of Thomson-based routers (no dictionaries needed)
- some more features to come
The following wifi routers are supported:
- Thomson-based routers*: Thomson, Infinitum, BBox, DMax, Orange, SpeedTouch, BigPond, O2Wireless, Otenet
- Pirelli Discus
- Verizon FiOS (only some routers)
- Fastweb (Pirelli & Telsey)
- Jazztel_XXXX and WLAN_XXXX
* Reversing Thomson routers requires a dictionary file, the app instructs you on how to set it up. As a pro user you can also use 3G to get thomson passwords instead of using dictionaries.
Disclaimer: Penetrate Pro is not a wireless cracking or hacking tool like aircrack. It does, however, give you keys which are useful for penetration testing. Use only with permission from network owners.
NOTE: The list above clearly states which routers are supported. Please do not rate low just because it does not support the one you want, this will not motivate me to add it, on the contrary.
If you have problems or further questions, please e-mail me instead of giving bad rates since developers cannot reply to market comments and your feedback will help me improve the application.
WARNING: some antivirus apps for android may signal this as a virus because it is a security-related tool. You should complain to them since their diagnostic is bogus, Penetrate can in no way affect the regular function of your phone.
- Bugfixes, all ANRs and force closed fixed
- Some internal changes, performance improvements
- Sorry for the lack of recent updates, I have been working full speed on 3.0, you will like it.
- Added support for SkyV1, Tecom, InfoStrada
- If you find crashes, report them using the crash handler. Please report further bugs and suggestions by e-mail.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
whats with the malware thats attached to the app?