The Guardian Technology Apps Blog "this is a really good idea".
PhotoRoute London is the first ever, digital mapping system that allows users to download completely walker-friendly maps onto their phones. The routes use sat nav and geo located images together with photos, arrows and written directions to pin-point your location and guide you through walking routes to London’s gems.
We design our routes to be step-free and easy-to-follow. Our photo-based maps also tell you estimated walking times and distances and our location services pin-point you on the maps and show which way you are moving.
Photo Routes start and end at main transport nodes such as Underground or Overground stations, and some are designed to be circular, enabling you to dip in and out of routes and passing several stations along the way.
Our cohesive mapping and guiding system takes you seamlessly from start to finish, enabling you to enjoy your surroundings rather than be frustrated navigating quirky London streets.
Once you download the app you will have access to over 100 London maps, from tours of parks and museums to wayfinding between transport stations and London attractions.
* Over 100 premium maps of London including London walks and tours of tourist attractions and parks
* Custom photo-based routes with instructions to guide you from start to finish
* Routes are designed to be step-free and easy to follow
* All routes have estimated walking time and distance information
* Location services pin-point you on the map and show you the direction you are walking
* Routes start and end at main Transport for London stations
Discounted price .69p (full price £2.49)
from 2 reviews