100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Different Pi calculations levels
- Online performance ranking
- Only CPU benchmark tool
- Needs rankings for all calculation levels
Pi is a benchmark tool for Android
Calling Pi digits is n standard computation/benchmark technique for measuring computers performance. It's true that there are well-known benchmark apps for mobile devices out there. However, most of them are under suspicion of favoring one or the other manufacturer. 'Pi' app knows how to make it more simple and reliable: by calculating Pi digits, from 1,000 to 10 millions digits, and count how long it takes to your mobile device to calculate them.
Obviously, the premise is the faster it calculates Pi digits, the better the mobile device is. Well, there are lot of parameters here that aren't taken into account tough: GPU, built materials, screen resolution, sound quality, etc. This test is a restricted benchmark for CPU performance. However, it's easy to understand and carry out. Perfect to show it to your friends and challenge them to beat your records.
You can easily view and share your results with your friends in one click and check how your device performs compared to other devices (only for 10M digits calculation).Developer's original description available here
- Best Pi algorithm in the world.
- Parallel computing. Fully utilize every CORE of modern Android CPU.
- Low memory usage. 10 million digits can be reached on very low-end phone.
- Armv7 neon support. Turn on hardware vector speed up.
- View or share the results with your friends with one click.
- Optimized Parallel Chudnosky Algorithm
This program can benchmark your phone's performance perfectly. Show this to your friends about how super fast your new phone is!
Results (10 million digits):
- Galaxy S4 33.9s (at max-freq)
- Galaxy Note II 41.4s
- Galaxy S3 46.2s
- Galaxy Nexus 152.9s
- HTC Desire S 264.1s
- Post your results in review
- New ranking page to see how fast of the device
- Rotation fixed to no-sensor
- Fix several possible bugs
- Add internal viewer for Pi's first 100,000 digits
- You can still view full digits in external text viewer
- Fix several crashes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
mY gs3 running 4.1 clocks 113.067 thats way slow which means I have an issue somewhere, no to find it! Ill update as I figure it out.
Samsung Galaxy S2 SCH-760X did it in 112.959
10M in 29.6 sec. Galaxy Note 3.
At least within the app, and not having to go to clear data.
Running Viper One ROM it took 37.917 seconds for 10.000.000 digits. No bloatware.
This is an excellently written app and benchmark for CPU performance. I highly recommend it. (Got 33.943s on my OC Nexus 4! )
Only for math nerds. The rest of you, go away!